Everett Homeowners Insurance
(How to find a reliable home insurance policy at an affordable price.)
Everett is a charming, close-knit city located just north of Boston. Whether you are life-long resident of this city, or you recently moved here for job opportunities, if you have purchased a house, you will need a reliable homeowners insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents can help you find the best and most affordable insurance coverage for your Everett home. Find an insurance agent near you to learn more, and you can soon start comparing customized homeowners insurance quotes from a variety of highly rated insurers.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Everett, MA?
The average cost of homeowners in insurance in Everett is higher than the national and state averages. This makes the need to shop around for the best price even more important. Comparing rates can potentially save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- Massachusetts average yearly premium: $1,379
- Everett, MA average yearly premium: $1,398
Of course, averages can only give you a ballpark idea of what you might be expected to pay. Actual home insurance costs can vary from one homeowner to another. This is because they are calculated on a case-by-case basis according to a number of different factors such as:
- The size, age, and value of your home
- The type of home you are insuring (e.g., single-family detached home, condo, manufactured home, vacation home etc.)
- The number of stories in your home and whether it has a basement
- The crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with another policy like car insurance or life insurance
Comparing quotes enables you to choose the homeowners policy that offers you the best coverage at the lowest price. Independent insurance agents in Everett make comparison shopping easy.
Does Everett Homeowners Insurance Cover against Catastrophic Events?
Your homeowners insurance policy is designed to cover you against many of the hazards you are likely to face as a property owner in Everett. This includes a wide range of catastrophic events such as residential fires and severe weather events.
You will want to be sure that your dwelling and contents coverage limits are high enough to enable you to rebuild or replace in the event of a disaster.
Catastrophic Events in Massachusetts
- Number of federally declared disasters in Massachusetts: 54
- Most common reasons for disasters in MA: severe storms and hurricanes
- Average number of tornadoes per year in Massachusetts: 1.4
- Average amount of property damage per year in MA: $808 million
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year.
Residents of Everett are most at risk for damage caused by storms, hurricanes, heavy snows, freezing temperatures, water main breaks, and wind. Fortunately, these hazards are all covered by most homeowners insurance policies.
However, it is important to be aware that flood damage is not covered by home insurance. This is true even if the flood is the direct result of a covered hurricane.
Residents near waterways like the Mystic and Malden rivers are most at risk for flood damage, but when heavy rains fall, flash flooding can happen just about anywhere. Fortunately, a local independent agent can help you supplement your coverage with a flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Talk to your agent for help ensuring that all of your property is properly covered.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Why Do Everett Homeowners Need Liability Insurance?
Liability lawsuits can happen to anyone, and they can be very expensive. That is why your home insurance also provides you with personal liability coverage.
Homeowners liability insurance is designed to cover the various expenses that you may accrue if you are responsible for damage related to a covered event. Some examples of situations in which this personal liability coverage can protect you include:
- A visitor in your home trips on loose carpeting on your stairway and suffers a serious back injury.
- Your child breaks your neighbor’s picture window while playing baseball in your backyard.
- Your dog manages to get loose and bites a jogger.
- A local business sues you for libel because of a negative review you posted on social media.
An independent insurance agent in Everett can explain your homeowners liability coverage in greater detail.
If you wish to have higher liability limits than your home insurance policy will allow, your agent can also help you obtain a competitively priced umbrella insurance policy. Umbrella insurance is an affordable way to boost all of your liability coverage.
Does Everett Homeowners Insurance Cover against Burglaries?
The burglary rate in Massachusetts, and in Everett in particular, is lower than the national average. This is not to say that the risk does not exist. Residents of this city report about 125 burglaries a year.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Massachusetts: 2.82
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Everett: 2.98
Being the victim of a property crime is stressful enough. If your Malden home is broken into, it may bring you some comfort to know that your homeowners insurance can provide compensation for your losses as well as for any property damage the burglars may have done to your house.
Because home security systems are among the most effective theft deterrents, many insurance companies offer discounts to policyholders who have burglar alarms installed in their homes. A local independent agent can help you find all of the potential discounts for which you may qualify.
What about Second Home and Vacation Home Insurance?
Whether you own a vacation home in a warmer climate or you have a house nearby that you rent to young families, if you're among the Everett residents who own more than one home, you will need to cover all of your properties with an appropriate home insurance policy.
Houses that don't serve as your primary residence often have additional risks that insurance companies will take into consideration. This means that specialized insurance products may be necessary.
- Second homes that are occupied by tenants have higher liability and property damage risks. These houses require the specialized coverage offered by landlord insurance.
- Vacation homes that are left unoccupied for long periods throughout the year have an increased risk of break-ins and property damage. Vacant home insurance may be required while the house is not in use.
An independent insurance agent can help you review the coverage needs of all your residential properties and can assist you with finding the best and most affordable policies to insure them.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Everett, MA?
The easiest way to find a great homeowners policy is by working with an independent insurance agent. These agents work for you, not for a specific insurance company, so you can be sure that you're getting trustworthy guidance as you shop for the coverage you need for your Everett home.
Independent agents in Everett are ready to help. Contact an insurance agent near you to start comparing customized home insurance quotes.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.