Minnesota is famous for outdoor recreation. Many state residents use all-terrain vehicles for pleasure, chores, and even business. No matter how you use your off-road vehicle, Minnesota ATV insurance can help protect your investment and pay for injuries or damage.
Where do you find ATV insurance in Minnesota? Your local agent in the Trusted Choice® network will be happy to help you compare Minnesota ATV insurance quotes from multiple companies. Since these independent agents work for you, and not any particular insurer, you have a good chance of finding the best coverage at a fair price.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Minnesota ATV Accidents
Some all-terrain vehicles can be a lot of fun. Others can help you clear snow or pull a tractor. But there are also risks associated with driving them just as there are risks for any other type of vehicle. Minnesota ATV owners must consider the risks and costs of property damage and injuries and even fatalities.
In fact Rochester’s Mayo Clinic suggests that the number of ATV related injuries and deaths are rising. They also report that children account for one in three injuries. ATV riding is popular with younger and less experienced drivers, making it important to consider risks, safety and the proper coverage.
Cost of Minnesota ATV Insurance
As with any other type of vehicle policy, the premium will vary because of several different factors. The type of vehicle, vehicle operators, and the way you use your ATV will be important considerations.
A rough Minnesota ATV insurance premium estimate may be from around $100 to a few hundred dollars a year depending upon the operator, vehicle use, and vehicle make. Vehicles regularly used for business or work could cost more to cover. You also may need to increase your coverage if you lend your ATV out to others, or take passengers.
Premiums can usually be divided into semi-annual payments, and you may earn a discount on your policy for bundling more than one type of coverage with the same insurer.
Consider some common types of off-road vehicles that may be covered in MN.
- UTVs, or utility vehicles, cab be used for recreation or work. Some UTVs are used for racing around the beach while others are used for ranching and plowing snow.
- Three wheelers and four wheelers.
- Side-by-side vehicles that hold multiple passengers.
- Segways and snowmobiles are considered by some to be all terrain vehicles. Coverage is available for these transporters as well.
What Does Minnesota ATV Insurance Cover?
Minnesota ATV policies vary by company, type of vehicle, and personal choice. This is a broad outline of coverage options that are offered by major insurers. A Trusted Choice member agent in your area can help you pick the right policy for your needs.
- ATV collision insurance: This portion of the policy pays for damage to your vehicle.
- ATV comprehensive insurance: This is similar to comprehensive insurance on an auto policy. It covers risks that are not from collisions. Examples might be theft, vandalism or storm damage.
- ATV bodily injury and property damage liability coverage: This portion of the policy covers the “other guy,” but it also protects you. If you cause injury or property damage to another person this can help you pay claims or cover your defense costs you if you are sued.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This option helps you recover from financial loss if an uninsured motorist injures you or damages your property.
- Medical payments: Some policies have an option to help you pay for medical bills that are not covered by health insurance.
How Can You Find Minnesota ATV Insurance?
An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you compare Minnesota ATV insurance quotes from multiple companies. Your agent can also suggest coverage options for your particular situation. Your unique needs depend upon the type of vehicle you own, how expensive it would be to replace, and the way you use that vehicle.
Comparing options and quotes from multiple insurance companies is the first step toward finding the right coverage for you. Contact a local Trusted Choice member agent to get your questions answered, compare quotes and get peace of mind.