People in The Land of 10,000 Lakes own a lot of boats. These range from canoes to speed boats, pontoons, large commercial boats and yachts. Minnesota is certainly famous for its waterways, and only four counties in the state lack a natural lake. If you use your boat for recreation, work or business, be sure and find the best Minnesota boat insurance.
How can you find good and affordable boat insurance in Minnesota? Some agents can only offer you policies from one company, and this limits your options. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network has the ability to help you compare Minnesota boat insurance quotes from several different companies. Your agent can also help you select the right coverage options for your particular boat and the way you use that watercraft. Find a local member agent in your area today to get started.
- Total boat accidents: 82
- Total boat fatalities: 12
- Total boat injuries: 54
- Total property damage: $459,632
Recreational boating is a fun activity that can provide hours of enjoyment for you, your family and your friends, but it has its risks. The cost of boat ownership should include being financially responsible for potential accidents. A local independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you get the coverage you need for the costs of accidents and injuries on the water.
Save on Boat Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Cost of Minnesota ATV Insurance
Your premium will depend on the type of watercraft you own, the way you use it and a few other unique factors. It will certainly cost more to insure a commercial fishing boat or large yacht than the pontoon or bass boat you use on the weekend.
Personal Minnesota boat insurance may only cost a few hundred dollars a year, while commercial boat coverage could be more than a thousand dollars. It is important to consult with an independent agent who can find you the best policy to protect your investment.
If you are considering purchasing a new boat, you may want to compare Minnesota boat insurance quotes before you buy. Rates can vary by boat type, and once you know how much your coverage will cost, it could affect your purchase decision.
What Does Minnesota Boat Insurance Cover?
You will have to speak with a MN boat insurance agent to learn the specifics of any given policy. Here are some common boat insurance coverage options you may choose to buy. Some will be part of a basic policy while some may be optional coverage you can choose to add:
- Boat property damage liability: Helps to cover your liability costs if you cause damage to another person’s property.
- Personal injury liability: Protects you if you cause an injury to another person.
- Property damage coverage: Covers damage to your own watercraft.
- Property coverage for equipment: This covers boat equipment.
- Towing coverage: Depending on the type of towing you need, towing insurance will cover towing your boat on the water, or if you need a tow when you have your boat on a trailer on the road.
- Medical payments coverage: Pays for medical bills or even funeral expenses for you and your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured boaters: Covers you if you have an accident, and the person at-fault has little or no insurance.
How Can You Find Minnesota Boat Insurance?
The advantage of using a Trusted Choice member agent is that these agents are independent from any one particular insurance company. You may find that one insurer has a better policy for your weekend fishing boat, while another company is better able to cover the 40-foot party yacht that you rent out during the week. Your independent agent can help you compare Minnesota insurance quotes and companies to find the best choice for you. Find a local Trusted Choice member agent today to find the right policy for your needs at the right price for your budget.