Nothing beats the feeling of fresh air on your face while cruising around Raleigh, NC. But before you hop on your hog, you need to have the proper motorcycle insurance. The right coverage will protect you from potential personal or property liabilities and cover your motorcycle if it's in an accident.
A local independent insurance agent can help you shop for the best motorcycle insurance in Raleigh, NC that fits your budget and your needs. They work with you, free of charge, to help shop multiple policies and pick an option that works best for you.
Is Motorcycle Insurance Required in Raleigh, NC?
North Carolina law requires that all motorcycle drivers have a minimum of liability coverage. You must keep proof of insurance with you at all times when driving your motorcycle. The required minimum liability coverages are:
- Bodily injury liability: $30,000 per person/$60,000 per accident
- Property damage liability: $25,000 per occurrence
Liability coverage protects you in the event that you're in an at-fault accident and cause bodily or property damage to a third party. Liability coverage will pay for things like medical costs, legal fees, and the cost to repair or replace the property that was damaged.
If you own an auto vehicle in addition to a motorcycle, you can benefit from North Carolina's "miscellaneous type vehicle endorsement" which you can purchase as an extension to your personal auto policy and extends coverage to your motorcycle. If you purchase the endorsement, you do not need a separate motorcycle policy.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover in Raleigh, NC?
While the minimum liability requirements can protect you in the event of an at-fault accident, you still need coverage for your own bike and medical needs. It's also a good idea to discuss policy limits with your independent agent to make sure you have adequate coverage.
In addition to liability coverage, motorcycle drivers can receive extra protection with the following optional coverages:
- Collision insurance: This insurance pays for any damage that occurs to your bike if you're in an at-fault accident with another motorcycle or vehicle.
- Medical payments coverage: This insurance will help pay for any medical or funeral costs that are associated with a motorcycle accident. This coverage applies to you and your passengers.
- Comprehensive coverage: Also known as "other than collision," this insurance pays for any damage from things like falling objects, theft, fire, and similar events.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Only 6.5% of North Carolina drivers are uninsured, but should you be in an accident with someone who doesn't have coverage, this insurance will help pay for damage to your motorcycle or personal injuries when you're not at fault.
Motorcyclists are 29 times more likely to get in an accident than passenger vehicles, which is why it's important to make sure you have high enough policy limits to cover yourself if something should happen.
Better Motorcycle Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost in Raleigh, NC?
Since riding a motorcycle is much more dangerous than a passenger vehicle, you may be facing higher insurance premiums. Similar to auto insurance, your premiums will depend on a variety of factors including:
- Age and gender
- Make and model of your motorcycle
- How many miles you drive per year
- Driving history
- Where you live
- Whether your motorcycle is your main driver or not
The more risky an insurance company believes you and your bike are, the more expensive insurance will be. The good news is that your local independent insurance agent will know about any available discounts and how to help bring your potential costs down.
Who Are the Best Motorcycle Insurance Companies in Raleigh, NC?
Finding the best motorcycle insurance companies in Raleigh, NC is all about shopping around. Every carrier will calculate their premiums differently and have a reputation for certain things.
You want to work with your agent to find a carrier that has a reputation for being responsive and paying out quickly if you have to file a claim. Your agent will shop motorcycle insurance quotes in Raleigh, NC for you to assure you're working with the best company.
How Can an Independent Insurance Agent Help Me Find Motorcycle Insurance in Raleigh, NC?
Shopping insurance quotes can be stressful and time-consuming. Working with a professional assures that nothing is missed and that you're getting the best motorcycle insurance in Raleigh, NC.
A local independent insurance agent will provide you with quotes from multiple companies for free and guide you in selecting a policy that fits your needs. They can also help you get discounts and savings on your coverage. Should you need to file a claim, your agent will be there every step of the way. Work with a local independent insurance agent today.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.