Whether you’re RVing across the U.S., heading to a football game at your favorite NC college, or simply enjoying a relaxing scenic journey through the Appalachian Mountains, your RV can provide years of travel in comfort and style for your family. North Carolina RV insurance makes sure the adventures never end as it protects you and your RV from the hazards and risks that can keep you on the side of the road.
An independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you compare multiple North Carolina RV insurance policies for a variety of RVs, motorhomes, campers and trailers. Contact a local member agent now for the North Carolina motorhome insurance quotes that are right for you.
Types of Campers and RVs You Can Insure
Motorized recreational vehicles:
- Class A motorhomes
- Class B camper vans
- Class C motorhomes
- Bus conversions
Non-motorized RVs and trailers:
- Travel trailers
- Fifth wheels
- Toy hauler trailers
- Truck trailers
- Pop-up tent trailers
What Is North Carolina RV Insurance?
Regardless of the type of RV or camper you own, it's a good idea to make sure you have RV insurance that covers your risks. RV insurance is available for all the RVs and campers on North Carolina roads. The coverage costs and protection options may differ, but a knowledgeable Trusted Choice member agent can help you locate the right one for your needs and budget.
Similar to your auto coverage, here are some of the protections a typical RV or camper policy offers:
Basic coverage types:
- Collision: Covers your vehicle if it is damaged in a collision
- Liability: Protects you from costs involved with lawsuits that result from an accident that is your fault
- Comprehensive: Also called "other than collision" coverage, it provides for damages to your vehicle caused by incidents not related to a collision; for example, if a tree limb falls on your parked RV
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist: Covers your RV if someone that is uninsured or underinsured damages it
Additional coverage types:
- Personal belongings: Covers your personal belongings on board the RV
- Equipment and attached accessories: Covers additional equipment, such as a satellite dish or awning that is attached to your RV
- Campsite and vacation: Covers your liability risks while you are using your RV as a temporary residence on vacation or at a campsite
- Emergency expenses: Covers emergency expenses, such as temporary living expenses or travel expenses if your RV is incapacitated by a covered event
- Towing and roadside: Pays for towing services or roadside assistance
Do You Need Special Coverage if Your RV Is Your Residence?
If you use your RV as your primary residence, you have some unique coverage needs that part-time RVers don't. Full timer insurance consists of coverages comparable to homeowners insurance. These include personal liability, medical payments, loss assessment and storage shed contents.
Loss assessment protections apply to specific assessments that result from your participation as a tenant or owner of property in an association. Storage shed contents covers your personal belongings that suffer a covered loss while in a storage facility.
Do You Have to Carry RV Insurance?
North Carolina requires all types of motorhomes and trailers to have liability and uninsured motorist insurance. NC state law mandates that you carry at least $30,000 for bodily injury liability for one person in an accident and at least $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident that's your fault. State law also requires a $25,000 minimum for property damage liability in one accident. But insurance experts recommend you increase your limits beyond the North Carolina minimum mandates as your budget allows.
Also, NC requires that you carry uninsured motorist coverage in case you are involved in an accident with a driver without liability insurance. A knowledgeable Trusted Choice member agent can help you determine the liability and uninsured motorist limits that will meet state legal requirements and fully cover your risks at a price you can afford.
Get North Carolina RV Insurance and Hit the Road
It's very important to fully cover any class of RV, motorhome, camper or trailer with a North Carolina motorhome insurance policy and get on the road to the adventures that await you. An independent agent from the Trusted Choice network has access to North Carolina motorhome insurance quotes for every type of RV available.
Find the coverage you need today by contacting a local member agent who can help you the right North Carolina RV insurance for you.