The state of Oregon has many outdoor recreation opportunities, and ATV riding is one of the most popular activities in the state. Oregon offers riders a diverse backdrop for ATV rides, with everything from coastal, windy trails to wide-open desert areas. With such an active ATV community, ATV riders should ensure they have ATV insurance in case of an accident or incident. Make sure you have the protection you need; read below to learn more about getting quotes and coverage.
Oregon ATV Statistics
- ATV riders must have a safety course education card with them while riding.
- ATV riders must wear helmets, unless using the ATV on private property or using the ATV for forestry purposes.
- There have been 197 ATV-related deaths reported in the state of Oregon.
- There are more than 50 ATV enthusiast groups in Oregon.
If you're passionate about ATVs, the state of Oregon may be the perfect place for you. Before hitting the trails, however, be sure to get your education card and review the laws regarding ATV use.
What Is ATV Insurance?
ATV insurance offers protection for ATV riders against some of the most common incidents that occur with ATV use. The following coverage is typical in an ATV insurance policy in OR:
- Liability: If you're at fault for an accident or damage to property, liability insurance is critical. This insurance can help pay for any damage you cause, along with assistance in paying for your legal defense and judgments.
- Collision: This insurance covers your ATV. If your ATV sustains damage from a collision, this insurance policy can help you get the repairs you need.
- Comprehensive: More commonly termed "other than collision," comprehensive can cover many of the incidents that can damage an ATV, including fire, wind, rain, theft and arson.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist: If you are involved in an accident with someone who has little or no insurance, this coverage can help pay for the damage that the at-fault party can't afford.
What Types of ATVs Does ATV Insurance Cover in OR?
Insurance companies know there are many different types of four-wheelers out on the trails, so they offer coverage for many makes and models of ATVs. Coverage is typically available for most ATVs, including the following:
- Racing ATV
- Farm ATV
- 3-wheeler and 4-wheeler
- Dune buggy
This list is not exhaustive. If you own an ATV other than one of these types, you should still be able to get coverage.
Getting ATV Insurance Quotes in Oregon
There is no exact average when it comes to ATV insurance since insurers must consider many factors when giving you quotes. For instance, a 40-year-old female in Minnesota, with a good driving record, would pay $135 to insure an ATV 300.
When you're shopping for ATV insurance quotes, be prepared to answer questions regarding the following:
- Type of ATV
- Age of ATV
- Value of ATV
- Horsepower/Engine size of ATV
- Where ATV will be ridden
- Where ATV will be stored
- Who will be riding ATV
- Driving record of riders
- Whether ATV will be on a trailer
- Desired coverages
- Desired deductibles
These answers will help the insurance agent determine which types of coverage are best suited for your unique situation. Your agent can then get you the necessary quotes.
Are There Discounts on ATV Insurance in OR?
Just like many other insurance policies, there are typically many discounts available, depending on your individual situation. When shopping for ATV insurance, be sure to ask about the following discounts to see if you qualify:
- New customer discount
- Loyal customer discount
- Multi-policy discount
- Good driver discount
- Claims-free discount
- Good credit discount
- Industry/Professional affiliation discount
Most insurance companies offer discounts, and each insurance company has different discounts available.
Obtaining ATV Insurance Is Easy
When shopping for ATV insurance, having a knowledgeable professional by your side can make a huge difference. A Trusted Choice® agent is always available to help you discuss coverage options, suggest discounts and even help you file a claim.
Contact a Trusted Choice agent for more information on getting quotes and coverage for your ATV.