In Tennessee, there are approximately 603,310 small businesses in operation. As a company owner, you'll be responsible for obtaining proper coverage. Liability insurance can be found through a trusted adviser.
An independent insurance agent will review your policies for free, so you know you're getting accurate protection. They do the shopping for you, saving you time and money. Connect with a local expert to get started.
What Is Liability Insurance Coverage?
Your Tennessee liability insurance will come in many forms. The industry you are in and the exposures you have will determine what types are necessary. In essence, all liability policies will have the same foundational coverages.
- Liability insurance: Will pay for a lawsuit arising out of bodily injury, property damage, and libel or slander. It can be obtained for business and personal use.
What Is Commercial General Liability Insurance?
As a business owner in Tennessee, one of your primary policies will be commercial general liability insurance. Several losses could be covered under this policy type. Here are some claims where liability coverage could apply.
- A customer slips and falls on your premises
- A building catches on fire
- A product is improperly installed, causing a water loss
What Is Professional Liability Insurance?
When you are consulting clients on any level, professional liability insurance is needed. It will protect your operation from lawsuits arising out of negligence or misinformation. Some industries where professional liability applies in Tennessee are as follows.
- Real estate agent
- Insurance agent
- Financial adviser
- Business broker
- Business consultant
What Is Employment Practices Liability Insurance Coverage?
If you have employees, there are numerous policies needed for proper protection. Employment practices liability insurance will cover your risk when an employee files a lawsuit against your Tennessee business. Check out what it covers.
- Employment practices liability insurance or EPLI: Pays for a lawsuit filed by a disgruntled employee due to discrimination or sexual harassment in some form.
What Is Liability Coverage on Home Insurance?
In Tennessee, your homeowners insurance will come with liability coverage as its main protection limit. You'll have control over the amount of insurance you'd like to obtain. Take a look at some instances where liability protection could apply.
- A guest or trespasser injures themselves on your property
- Your tree falls and damages your neighbor's roof
- You have a pool party, and a guest drowns
What's the Difference between Full Coverage and Liability Insurance?
Full coverage refers to your commercial auto policy. Most commercial auto policies come standard with the minimum limits of liability protection. If you want coverage for anything else, you'll have to add it. Take a look at the difference.
- Liability only insurance: This is just liability coverage at the amount preselected for your auto policy. It will pay for bodily injury per person, per accident, and property damage of another party.
- Full coverage insurance: This will include additional coverages that protect you on the road. Things like comprehensive, collision, towing, and more are among the optional coverages you can select.
How a Tennessee Independent Agent Can Help
If you're looking for commercial insurance that won't break the bank, consider using a trained professional. There are several policy options when you own your own business. Liability insurance is a necessary coverage to obtain.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with policy and premium options that fit your needs and budget. They review your coverage for free, making it easy. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com for quotes today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.