Located on the Hampton Roads Border, Newport News is home to over 150,000. This city has grown into the fifth largest city in the state, bringing in thousands of tourists every year. Whether your driving on I-64 or US 17, make sure that you have a top-notch car insurance policy to protect yourself against drivers who show poor judgement.
A local independent insurance agent can help you find affordable car insurance. They’ll show you numerous policies from different insurers until you find the coverage you want. Chat with an agent to get started.
What Are the Car Insurance Requirements in Newport News, VA?
In Newport News you are required to have a minimum liability insurance coverage included in your car policy. Your car insurance requirements are:
- A minimum per person liability limit of $25,000
- A minimum per accident liability limit of $50,000
- A minimum of $20,000 in property damage liability
In Virginia, you are also required to have uninsured motorist coverage. This will cover you if you get into an accident with a driver who does not have insurance. Instead of waiting weeks to receive your compensation, this policy will make sure that you are reimbursed quickly without the hassle.
It’s important to note that these state-mandated limits are usually barely enough to get by. You may want to consider coverage options with your independent agent. They’ll get you quotes from a variety of carriers and find you the right Newport News car insurance.
Additional Car Insurance Coverages in Newport News, VA
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to your specific needs. Some additional car insurance options that you can discuss with your agent are:
- Roadside assistance: If you get a flat tire, run out of gas, or need a jump start, this coverage will pay for the help.
- Rental car insurance: If your vehicle is damaged by a covered accident, this pays for you to drive a rental car while yours is getting fixed.
- Medical payments insurance: This will pay for a smaller medical expense claim, without digging into your liability insurance limit.
- Ride-hailing insurance: If you drive for a ridesharing company, this will help fill in the gaps in your car insurance policy.
There are more coverage options besides these, chat with an agent to find out what they are. They’ll help you decide what policies will be the most beneficial for you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Vehicle Thefts in Newport News, VA
If your neighborhood has a high vehicle theft rate, your car insurance rate will most likely be higher. Your insurance company needs to consider all the risks you face, so the crime rate will affect your quote.
- National rate of motor vehicle theft per 1,000: 2.29
- Newport News rate of motor vehicle theft per 1,000: 2.80
Newport News has a higher likelihood of car theft than most of the other cities in the state. The only way to protect your assets from theft and vandalism is with a comprehensive car insurance policy. This will cover any damage done to your car, and things that might have been stolen.
How Much Is Car Insurance Going to Cost in Newport News, VA?
Well, this is going to depend on specific factors about you. Each insurer has their own calculations to figure out the risks of insuring you, and how likely it is that a claim might be filed. Specifically, insurance companies are going to look at:
- Where you live: Your address and where you park your car will play a big role into the price of your premium.
- Driving history: If you have no accidents, you’ll pay less than a person who has been in multiple accidents.
- Type of coverage: Insurance comes in many forms, so if you choose higher coverage, your rate will be greater than someone who chooses a lower coverage option.
- Type of car: The size and model will determine pricing. If your car costs a lot to replace or repair, then you’ll most likely pay a higher rate.
Each insurance company has their own specific guidelines, so let an independent agent help you out. They’ll comparison shop for you to find the coverage you need at the price you like.
How Can You Find an Affordable Car Insurance Policy in Newport News, VA?
A Newport News independent agent will compare multiple policies and quotes from numerous insurance companies for you. They’ll find coverage that fits your needs and budget to find the one you want. When you’re ready, chat with an independent insurance agent to get started.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.