This beautiful and diverse land in the Pacific Northwest has incredible variety, which might make estimates of average rates for your home difficult. Residents of The Evergreen State should be happy to know they can expect modest Washington state homeowners insurance premiums.
Most homeowners compare competitive Washington home insurance quotes to be certain of getting a good deal for their house and property coverage. An alternative to comparison shopping by yourself would be to contact an independent Trusted Choice® member agent. These local agents will be happy to deliver price quotes from top rated insurers, help you calculate optimum coverage amounts, and then service your policy long after it has been purchased.
- National yearly premium average: $1,132
- Washington yearly premium average: $695
- 47th most expensive premium in the US
Information as of 2017 from the Insurance Information Institute shows that Washington's average premium costs are $695, which is considerably lower than the national average.
Based on a number of factors, including location, property value, claims history etc., your own rates may vary from the average premium in Washington state
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Number of Catastrophes in Washington and the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Washington: 27
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Washington: 4
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Washington: $328,160,000
You may notice that residents of Washington did not have to concern themselves with many catastrophes, or tornadoes in particular, as compared with the rest of the nation.
Yet, hail, floods, and other types of hazards can occur anywhere, and it is wise to be prepared. Here are a few tips on preparedness:
- Take steps to protect your house and property against potential hazards from natural or man-made threats.
- Consult with an agent. Some preventive measures may actually earn a Washington homeowners insurance discount because they reduce the risk of claims.
- Find the right coverage to protect your house and property against any threats you cannot prevent.
Theft in Washington
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Washington number of burglaries: 58,353
State residents do have their share of burglary claims, more than most states. Burglars can damage your home and steal your belongings. Here are some things you can do to prevent vandalism and financial loss from theft:
- Install a burglar alarm system in your home to discourage potential thieves and alert the police to danger.
- Purchase coverage on your home and your personal property to protect your house and your valuable possessions.
Where to Find Washington Home Insurance Quotes
Average rates in the state may be low, but your situation may not be exactly average. Your actual risks will vary by the condition of your property, your home’s value, and many other factors. Your local and independent Trusted Choice member agent can give you expert advice, compare multiple insurers, and service your policy in the future.
Most Washington state residents do not want to spend days comparing quotes and policies. You undoubtedly want billing and claims services to be simple and fair. Consult with an independent agent today to secure your investments today and in the future.