The state of Washington has one of the most quickly growing economies in the nation. From alternative energy companies to technology and shipping, the Evergreen State has a lot to offer to business owners. Having commercial auto insurance to cover your business vehicles is one important factor to starting and maintaining a business. Even a small fender bender can be costly if you are uninsured or underinsured. Before you start looking for quotes, read the information below to find out what you need to know about looking for quotes and getting coverage.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Washington Vehicle Statistics
- In 2013, there were more than 99,000 accidents in the state of WA.
- Speeding was the #1 cause of accidents in WA during 2013, followed by driver inattention.
- A crash occurred every five minutes in Washington during 2013.
- The highest number of crashes occurred in December during 2013.
No matter the type of vehicle you drive, you're always at risk for an accident on the road. If you own a business or drive a vehicle for business purposes, you must have insurance in place to cover any damage you cause. Even if you drive your personal vehicle for business purposes, you must have commercial auto insurance in place, as your personal vehicle insurance may not cover an accident you're involved in while driving your vehicle for business.
Commercial Auto Insurance Coverage Options in Washington
Commercial auto insurance protects businesses from some of the most common risks they face when using vehicles. A typical auto insurance policy in WA may provide the following:
- Liability: Businesses that use vehicles in their day-to-day operations face major exposure. In our litigious society, liability insurance can work to protect you and your business from liability claims and damages.
- Collision: Collision coverage can help you get repairs to your business vehicles in case of an accident. Typically, you pay a deductible and your policy covers the remainder of the damage up to policy limits.
- Comprehensive: Also known as "other than collision," this coverage works to cover any damage that is not collision-related.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist: Unfortunately, not everyone carries enough insurance. This coverage can help pay for expenses and repairs in the event you are involved in an accident with someone who is underinsured or uninsured.
There are many other coverage options available, so it's important to speak with an agent in order to get a better idea of what coverages are best suited for your business.
Commercial Auto Insurance Covers Many Types of Vehicles
Businesses use many different types of vehicles to conduct business. The list below is just a general guide to the types of vehicles commercial auto insurance can cover in WA:
- Passenger vehicles
- Pickup trucks
- Full size trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Delivery vans
The list above is not exhaustive but lists some of the most common vehicle types that commercial auto insurance can cover.
Semis and Large Trucks: What You Need To Know
Semi trucks and dump trucks are some of the largest vehicles on the road. While these vehicles have significantly lower crash rates than smaller vehicles, the accidents that do occur with these vehicles can be catastrophic. Commercial truck insurance can help provide liability coverage, cargo insurance, and other coverages for the peace of mind of the drivers of these vehicles.
Getting Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes in Washington
When it comes to insuring a commercial vehicle, insurers will consider many factors before offering you quotes, even online. When you make the decision to start comparing quotes, make sure you are familiar with the following:
- Your scope of work
- Types of vehicles
- Number of vehicles
- Number of drivers
- Driving record for you and drivers
- History of claims
- Preferred coverage types
- Preferred deductible
Insurance providers will use all of these factors, plus many more, to determine your commercial auto insurance quotes.
Getting Commercial Auto Insurance Discounts
Just as with many other types of insurance, discounts are available on commercial auto insurance in Washington. Below is a list of discounts that you may qualify for:
- Multi-policy discount
- Loyal customer discount
- New customer discount
- Paid-in-full discount
- Safe driver program discount
- Claims-free discount
Each insurance company offers its customers different discounts, so make it a point to ask about any discounts that you may able to take advantage of.
Obtaining Commercial Vehicle Insurance in WA Is Simple
Getting quotes, both online and in person, is important to finding the best coverage at the right price for your business. A Trusted Choice® agent is always available to discuss coverage options, suggest discounts and even help you file a claim.
Agents are available throughout Washington. Contact your local Trusted Choice agent for more information.