Cheyenne Business Insurance
Do you have enough business insurance for your Cheyenne, WY, business?
Business insurance is a must to protect your business from hefty financial losses, especially when you own commercial or retail property. What business insurance options are available for your business? Would you like to add property coverage to your business insurance policy? If you want to know the answer to either of those questions, then stick around.
In Wyoming in 2019, there were over 66,000 small businesses employing over 130,000 people, and every now and then, business insurance claims rise. In fact, in 2019, the total amount of business claims paid out was over $9.2 million, making business insurance critical to protecting your business.
Creating a thorough business insurance policy can be difficult, but you are not alone. Independent insurance agents in Cheyenne, WY, can help by determining your business’s precise risks and suggesting the right policies to cover against them.
How Does Business Property Insurance Protect My Cheyenne, WY, Business?
Business property insurance is one of the main components of your business owners policy. Business property insurance protects your structure, its contents, and any outdoor features, such as porches or furniture. Business property insurance also protects your business from employee injuries, liability, and theft.
If your business does not have the correct amount of business insurance and it suffers massive property damage, you might have a hard time recovering from any financial losses. Thus, it is important that you purchase the right amount of business insurance to protect your business.
Every business requires different coverage options because they all have their own individual risks. So it is important that you identify the particular risks your business faces and find an approach to reduce them.
Does My Cheyenne, WY, Business Really Need Business Liability Insurance?
Another major part of your business insurance policy is business liability insurance. It is meant to cover your business’s court costs, legal fees, and financial damages in case of impending litigation, however, even if you find favor with the court, these legal fees can be expensive.
It is also important that you purchase the right kinds of coverage for your business liability insurance. Below are some of the business liability options available to your business:
- Pollution liability insurance: This optional insurance covers the cleanup costs and loss if your business is responsible for an accident leading to the pollution of the air, ground, or water.
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This insurance coverage is required if your business owns and operates automobiles. It covers your business's added liability risks in case an employee causes an accident that results in damage to a third party.
- Cyber liability insurance: This option covers financial losses and responsibilities if hackers gain access to your computer systems and steal sensitive customer data.
- Product liability insurance: This option covers damage occurring to a third party caused by faults in goods your business produces, sells, or promotes.
- Premises liability insurance: This option covers damage occurring to a third party due to an accident on your business property.
- Employment practices liability insurance: This option covers claims related to allegations of unlawful employment practices such as a breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Other Business Insurance Options Are Available for My Cheyenne, WY, Business Property?
If your business is positioned close to waterways, specifically, the Crow Creek, you are more likely to be affected by flooding, so business flood insurance would be a really good idea.
In Cheyenne, WY, your business property is more likely to suffer property loss or damage due to the following dangers:
- Wildfires and residential fires
- Flooding and water damage
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Burglary and other property crimes
Most of the above-mentioned threats are covered by your business property insurance, which is a fundamental part of all business insurance policies. It is intended to cover your business-owned property, as well as your computers, furniture, inventory, and other merchandise.
There may be a point when you find it necessary to add specific business insurance options to your business insurance policy. Your independent insurance agent may suggest adding one or more of the following insurance options:
- Equipment breakdown insurance: This option covers repairs or replacement of damaged equipment and any losses related to equipment breakdowns.
- Bailee's insurance: This option covers other people’s property when in your business’s care, such as when you are doing repairs or upkeep on it.
- Flood insurance: Note that business property insurance does not cover flood damage, even if a covered hurricane damages your business property.
- Inland marine insurance: This option covers your movable business property during transfers or if you store it away from your place of business.
You should also make sure your business insurance options are adequate to permit you to rebuild, repair, or replace when necessary.
Why Should I Buy Business Interruption Insurance in Cheyenne, WY?
When a wildfire strikes and the damage is considerable, you may have to close your business for a lengthy period while repairs are being made. Below is data on past declared disasters in Wyoming:
- Number of federally declared disasters in WY since 1953: 36
- Most common reasons for declared disasters: fire/20
- Average number of tornadoes in WY per year: 12
If your business must close for a lengthy period, it can be financially devastating, particularly if you own a small business. Business interruption insurance provides your business with an income until your business can resume regular activities. This allows you to pay monthly payments such as utility bills, loan payments, and employee wages when your business is not currently able to generate an income.
Does My Cheyenne, WY, Business Need to Carry Workers' Compensation Insurance?
As a Wyoming business owner, you are legally responsible for furnishing your employees with a safe working environment to perform their job duties. However, even when you take all precautions, employees do get hurt or become ill on the job. When you own a business in Wyoming, you must also cover your employees’ financial losses if they become ill or hurt while working.
Insurance companies establish their workers' compensation rates on the types of jobs your employees do and the likelihood they will get hurt or ill on the job. Thus, it is extremely important to be appropriately insured with workers' compensation insurance.
Are There Insurance Options for Employee Benefit Packages?
Healthcare coverage rates can be overpriced, and they often fluctuate depending on the options you choose. If your business offers underwritten health coverage to your employees, it can positively impact your business. Human resource managers have investigated and determined that businesses offering a good employee benefits package have better chances of enticing and keeping good employees.
There are several car, health, and life insurance options available for you and your employees to choose from, and it can be difficult to figure out the right options for your business. This is where expert advice from an independent insurance agent can come in real handy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Cheyenne, WY?
In the insurance industry, insurance companies know that every business is distinctive and has its own particular risks. Knowing this, they permit business owners to customize their business insurance options.
An independent insurance agent can go over the advantages and disadvantages of each business insurance option so you can make an educated choice. Find a TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agent with an office in or near Cheyenne, WY, to discover more. You can soon find out how easy it is to build a comprehensive business insurance policy.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.