The warm months in Wyoming make spectacular motorcycle weather. If you ride, you need motorcycle insurance to comply with state laws and to protect yourself from the cost of an accident. You can get quotes on motorcycle insurance in a wide range of prices and coverage options. Finding coverage tailored to your bike and your budget is easy. Read below to find out more.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Motorcycle Regulations in Wyoming
Motorcyclists must adhere to Wyoming motorcycle regulations when riding dirt bikes, sport bikes, choppers, scooters, etc., as follows:
- Motorcyclists under the age of 18 must wear a helmet.
- Motorcyclists must use headlights in the daytime.
- Motorcyclists must not lane-split.
- Minimum liability limits for WY motorcycle owners are as follows:
- Bodily injury limit per person: $25,000
- Bodily injury limit per accident: $50,000
- Property damage limit per accident: $20,000
How Does Motorcycle Insurance Work?
Motorcycle insurance is similar to car insurance. It protects you from some of the costs of accidents, theft and legal claims against you. Motorcycle insurance can also include special coverage for bike owners, such as equipment coverage for your sidecar and other customizations.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Motorcycle insurance starts with the minimum liability limits required by state law, but you can protect yourself more fully with a comprehensive policy. Your motorcycle insurance can include the following:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability: It is a good idea to purchase more than the minimum liability coverage if you can afford it, since a legal claim against you can quickly exceed your limits. This coverage can help with the cost of a court settlement and your legal defense if you cause an accident involving others and their property.
- Collision and comprehensive: This covers damage to your bike due to collisions, theft, vandalism, fire and hail. You can choose replacement cost coverage, or actual cash value coverage, which accounts for depreciation.
- Medical payments: This can help with your medical costs if you sustain injuries in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: If a driver collides with your bike and lacks the proper coverage to pay your medical bills and property damage, this coverage option can help.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost?
Because motorcycle riders have more exposure to the risks of the highway than drivers enclosed in cars do, motorcycle insurance rates can sometimes run higher than the typical auto insurance policy. Your rates will depend on your bike and your driving history, as well as where you ride and how often you ride. Your age and experience can also play a part in determining your rates.
If the cost of coverage becomes an issue, you may be able to get quotes on coverage bundles at discounted rates. For example, you might be able to combine your homeowners insurance, auto insurance and motorcycle insurance in one bundle to save money on each policy. A local agent can help you find out what kinds of bundles and discounts are available to you.
Get the Best Motorcycle Insurance Quotes in Wyoming
The best source of information on motorcycle insurance is a local, independent agent. Independent agents in the Trusted Choice® network can access a variety of insurance providers to find the policy you need at a rate you can afford.
Contact a Trusted Choice agent right here in Wyoming for affordable quotes on motorcycle insurance.