The landscape in The Cowboy State ranges from high prairie grasslands to mountain ranges. Every property is unique – ranches, suburban homes, or apartment buildings can all be found here. Residents will be relieved to know that average Wyoming homeowners insurance rates are lower than the average rate for the United States.
Your personal house and property rates may cost more or less than the average rates for your region or state. In order to be sure you’re getting a good deal, contact a local, independent member of the Trusted Choice® network. These agents will present you with personalized Wyoming home insurance quotes, friendly service, and expert advice.
- National yearly premium average: $1,132
- Wyoming yearly premium average: $1,021
- 25th most expensive premium in the US
The most recent information available from the Insurance Information Institute, as of 2017, shows that Wyoming's average premium cost of $1,021 is considerably lower than the national average.
Keep in mind that the cost of Wyoming homeowners insurance for your home may be slightly different than the state average.
An insurance company will calculate your premiums based on the kinds of risks you face. To get an idea of what risks your Wyoming home may encounter, consider the following list of common claims:
Number of Catastrophes in Wyoming and the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Wyoming: 198
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Wyoming: 15
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Wyoming: $2,200,000
Wyoming is below average for number of catastrophes, tornadoes in particular.
But there are other hazards that residents need to be aware of, including floods. Floods can happen for a number of different reasons. Water damage from sewer backups or snowmelt can be considered flood damage by insurers, so it pays to be protected.
You can protect your house and property in two ways:
- Keep your own home in good repair.
- Buy adequate insurance against any hazards you can’t prevent.
Theft in Wyoming
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Wyoming number of burglaries: 1,955
The number of burglary claims in Wyoming is low in comparison to the national average. Keep in mind that this state is the least densely populated in the US. This means that actual risk of theft to each home owner might be somewhat higher than it appears from this data.
What can you do to reduce your risk of theft?
- Install fire and burglar alarm systems. These devices can keep your home and family safer, protect your property, and possibly earn you a discount.
- Make sure your home and personal property are well covered. You may not be able to protect your home against a determined thief.
Find the Best Wyoming Home Insurance Quotes
Do you need to find great homeowners insurance in Wyoming? A local, independent member agent in the Trusted Choice network will be happy to help you compare insurers, select policy options, and decide on coverage amounts. After you purchase your policy, he or she will be around to answer questions and help you file claims.
Comparing insurance on your own can be a very time-consuming and confusing task. You do not have to do this job alone when you have a good agent at your side.