In Gardendale, AL, there are roughly 14,177 residents. The right homeowners insurance policy is necessary when you own a property. Your coverage can protect against a variety of claims.
When you work with an independent insurance agent, they will help you find a policy for an affordable price. They have access to multiple markets so that you can save big. Connect with a local expert for tailored quotes.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Gardendale, AL?
In Gardendale, AL, your homeowners insurance will apply to many circumstances. Various items are automatically included in each policy form. The majority of homeowners policies have the following coverages.
- Dwelling limit: Pays for the replacement or repair of your home itself when a covered claim occurs.
- Personal property: Pays for the replacement or repair of your personal belongings.
- Personal liability: Pays for bodily injury, property damage, libel or slander claims against a household member.
- Additional living expenses: Pays for your temporary stay at another property when a claim renders your home unlivable.
- Medical payments: Pays for the first $1,000 - $10,000 of a medical expense when a third party gets injured on your property.
Perils your homeowners policy will cover
Catastrophe/Common Disasters In the Area
Your home is at risk for severe damage no matter where you live. There are common catastrophes and natural disasters in Alabama that you'll want your home policy to insure. Take a peek at the top exposures in Gardendale, AL.
- Severe storms and lightning
- Burglary and other property crimes
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Flooding and water damage
- Wildfires and residential fires
Gardendale's Weather Related Statistics
The number of natural disasters in Gardendale: 32
Major presidentially declared disasters in Gardendale: 24
Emergencies declared in Gardendale: 6
Top three causes in Gardendale
Storms: 18 declared as a disaster
Tornadoes: 16 declared as a disaster
Floods: 14 declared as a disaster
Why your Gardendale home needs flood insurance
According to FEMA, the average cost of a flood loss to your property starts at $25,000. Your primary home policy will not cover flood damage. For that, you'll need a separate flood insurance policy.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost In Gardendale, AL?
The cost of your Gardendale, AL, home insurance will vary. There are several factors that carriers look at when rating your coverage. Take a look at the items insurance companies use to determine your premiums.
- Where you live
- How many claims you've filed
- How new your house is
- How close you are to a fire department
- How close you are to a fire hydrant
- The materials of your home
- Your credit score
- If you have a pool, trampoline, or pet
- The square footage of your home
- How much it costs to replace your home
The average home insurance premium
- National average: $1,211
- Alabama average: $1,433
Risk you can improve
- Improving your credit score
- Filing fewer insurance claims
- Updating your roof, electrical, plumbing, or heating
To save even more, you can look into bundling. When you bundle your home and auto insurance policies, you'll get the biggest discount. Carriers typically award a 30% savings or more.
Your liability insurance as a homeowner will protect against what-ifs. A home policy will have a limit of liability to insure your household members from a lawsuit. This could be resulting from bodily injury, property damage, or slander. Take a peek at the most common ways to obtain liability protection.
- Your homeowners policy
- Umbrella insurance
When your Gardendale, AL, homeowners policy limits have been exhausted, what can you do? Fortunately, umbrella insurance will help pay for a more substantial loss. If your underlying coverage is maxed out due to a larger claim, your umbrella policy will apply.
The rate of crime in Gardendale will impact your premiums. Carriers look at the number of losses in a city and charge accordingly. Take a look at the burglaries per 100,000 households below.
- National average: 376.00
- Alabama average: 590.10
- Gardendale average: 237.30
Most home insurance policies have coverage for theft and vandalism. The amount of protection will depend on your preselected limits. Review your policies to ensure accurate coverage.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
When you own a home, you'll need protection for every exposure. In 2020, there were 670,506,000 homeowners insurance claims paid in Alabama. Consider using a licensed professional to avoid financial ruin.
An independent insurance agent can help find coverage for an affordable price. They have access to multiple carriers so that you get the best options and premiums in town. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com and start saving today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.