Sacramento, CA is the state’s capital and is also known as the “Camellia Capital of the World” for its flowers that bloom all year long. Sacramento is at the base of the productive Sacramento Valley and is a key transportation center for the West Coast. The city sees a mild climate for most of the year, but summer “northers” blow in from the Siskiyou Mountains bringing heat and pollen. The winters tend to be on the rainy side.
Firms located in the city of Sacramento provide crucial goods and services in the community and play a key role in the health of the local economy. During difficult times, business insurance helps these companies remain profitable.
Creating a thorough business insurance policy package can be baffling, but you are not alone. Local independent insurance agents in Sacramento, CA can help by finding your business’s individual risks and recommending appropriate policies to cover against them.
Contact a local independent insurance agent near you to get started today.
Why Does My Sacramento, CA Business Need Liability Insurance?
Business liability insurance is one of the most valuable components of your business insurance policy package and is designed to cover your business’s court costs, legal fees, and financial damages if your business is sued. However, these legal fees can be pricey even if you find favor with the court system.
It is definitely essential to make sure your business obtains the right sort of business liability insurance to cover against the risks your business may face. Following are some of the business liability products available to you:
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This insurance coverage is mandatory if your business owns and operates automobiles. It covers your business's increased liability risks if one of your employees causes an accident that results in damage to a third party.
- Premises liability insurance: This insurance option covers damage occurring to a third party due to an accident on your business property.
- Cyber liability insurance: This insurance option covers economic losses and liabilities if hackers gain access to your computer systems and pilfer sensitive customer information.
- Product liability insurance: This insurance option covers damage occurring to a third party and caused by defects in goods your business produces, sells, or promotes.
- Employment practices liability insurance: This insurance option covers claims related to accusations of unlawful employment practices such as a breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination.
- Pollution liability insurance: This optional insurance covers cleaning costs and damage if your business is liable for an accident leading to the pollution of the air, ground, or water.
By conferring with an independent insurance agent, you can learn more about these and many other business liability coverage products. Your agent can help in finding the best business insurance for your Sacramento, CA business.
What Insurance Products Cover My Sacramento, CA Business Property?
Your business property in Sacramento, CA is most likely to suffer property loss or damage due to threats such as the following:
- Wildfires and structure fires
- Flooding and water damage
- Earthquakes and tremors
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Burglary and other property crimes
These hazards are covered by your business property insurance, which is a standard facet of all business insurance policies. Designed to cover your business-owned property, it includes coverage for all your business computers, furniture, and inventory.
If your business is located near a waterway such as the Sacramento River or the American River, you are more at risk for flooding, so business flood insurance would really make sense for you.
Contact your local independent insurance agent to assist you in guaranteeing all your business properties are appropriately covered. You also want to make sure your coverage is sufficient to allow you to rebuild, repair, or replace if necessary.
Why Should I Buy Business Interruption Insurance in Sacramento, CA?
If the damage is significant enough, a major catastrophe, such as an earthquake or a flood, can close your business for an extended period while repairs are made to your business property. Following are some statistics about disasters:
- Number of federally declared disasters in CA since 1953: 330
- Most common reasons for declared disasters: fire/250
- Average number of tornadoes in CA per year: 11
If your business must close for some time, it can be financially devastating, especially if you own a small business. Business interruption insurance presents an answer by providing your business with an income extension until your business can resume normal activities. This allows your business to pay regular monthly expenses such as utility payments, loan installments, and employee salaries when your business is temporarily not capable of generating income.
Speak with your local independent insurance agent today to learn more about how business interruption insurance can benefit your Sacramento, CA business.
Does My Sacramento, CA Business Need to Carry Worker's Compensation Insurance?
As a Sacramento business owner, you are required to provide a safe workplace environment for your employees to perform their duties. However, things happen, and even when all safety measures are taken, employees sometimes get hurt or sick.
By owning a business in California, you are responsible for covering your employees' financial losses in case they get sick or hurt on the job. If an employee works for you on a continuous basis, or you are an out-of-state employer, your business must provide worker's compensation coverage.
Insurance companies base their rates for worker's compensation insurance on the kinds of tasks your employees do and the chance they might be hurt or get sick on the job. It would cost more to insure a crab fisherman than to cover a grocery store clerk.
An independent insurance agent can help you look at your expenses and match you with an insurance company that focuses on covering businesses in your industry.
Are There Insurance Options for Employee Benefits Packages?
Healthcare coverage can be expensive, but if you offer sponsored coverage to your employees it can have beneficial rewards. Studies by human resources managers have shown that businesses offering a sustainable employee benefits package find it easier to recruit and retain ideal employees. The following are statistics on the amounts spent on healthcare coverage:
- National annual amount spent on healthcare coverage: $2,305/person
- State average amount spent on healthcare coverage in CA: $1,166/person
There are several life, car, and health insurance options available for you and your employees to choose from, which makes it tricky to determine which policies are best to combine into your employee benefits package.
A local independent insurance agent can go over the pros and cons of each of your various options so you can make an informed decision.
Why Should I Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Sacramento, CA?
In the insurance industry, insurance firms understand every business is unique and has it is own specific risks. For this reason, they allow business owners to entirely tailor commercial business insurance options.
Find an independent insurance agent with an office in or near Sacramento, CA to learn more. You will soon discover how easy it can be to construct a comprehensive business insurance policy package.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.