San Francisco, CA is known as a "melting pot" city because it houses many different ethnic neighborhoods. Alcatraz prison, the famous cable cars, and the vibrant waterfront all add to the unique international flavor of the city. The city lies in northern California on a peninsula surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, San Francisco Bay, and the Golden Gate Strait.
San Francisco is a major center in both the financial and insurance industries and is the gateway to Silicon Valley, which is America’s foremost high-technology hub. The regular spring-like weather and distinctive ambience attract businesses as well as sightseers, and the solid economic base keeps them there.
At times, building a thorough business insurance policy package can be confusing, but you don't have to do it alone. Independent insurance agents in San Francisco, CA can help by finding your business’s particular risks and recommending suitable policies to cover against them.
Contact a local independent insurance agent near you to get started today.
Why Does My San Francisco, CA Business Need Liability Insurance?
Business liability insurance is a valuable element of your business insurance policy package and is designed to cover your business’s court costs, legal fees, and financial damages if your business is sued, though these legal fees can be costly even if you find favor with the court system.
It is crucial to make sure your business acquires the right kind of business liability insurance to cover against any risk your business may face. Following are some of the business liability options available to you:
- Product liability insurance: This insurance option covers damage occurring to a third party caused by defects in goods your business produces, sells, or promotes.
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This insurance coverage is mandatory if your business owns and operates automobiles. It covers your business's increased liability risks if one of your employees causes an accident that results in damage to a third party.
- Premises liability insurance: This insurance option covers damage occurring to a third party due to an accident on your business property.
- Employment practices liability insurance: This insurance option covers claims related to accusations of unlawful employment practices such as a breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination.
- Cyber liability insurance: This insurance option covers economic losses and liabilities if hackers gain access to your computer systems and pilfer sensitive customer information.
- Pollution liability insurance: This optional insurance covers cleaning costs and damage if your business is liable for an accident leading to the pollution of the air, ground, or water.
By speaking with an independent insurance agent, you can discover more about these and many other business liability coverage options. Your agent can assist you in finding the best business insurance for your San Francisco, CA business.
What Insurance Options are Available for My San Francisco, CA Business Property?
In San Francisco, CA your business property is most likely to suffer property loss or damage due to dangers such as the following:
- Wildfires and structure fires
- Flooding and water damage
- Earthquakes and tremors
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Burglary and other property crimes
Most of these threats are covered by your business property insurance, which is a standard component of all business insurance policies. Created to include your business-owned property, it covers your computers, furniture, and inventory.
At times, you may discover it to be necessary to add particular business insurance options to your business insurance policy. Your insurance agent may recommend adding one or more of the following insurance options:
- Equipment breakdown insurance: This option covers repair or the replacement of damaged equipment and any losses related to equipment breakdowns.
- Flood insurance: Note that business property insurance does not cover flood damage, even if a covered hurricane damages your business property.
- Bailee's insurance: This option covers other people’s property when in your business’s care, such as when you are doing repairs or upkeep on it.
- Inland marine insurance: This option covers your movable business property during transfers or if you store it away from your place of business.
Since your business is located close to waterways, namely, San Francisco Bay, the Golden Gate Strait and the Pacific Ocean, you are more at risk for flooding, so business flood insurance would really make sense for you.
Contact your local independent insurance agent to aid you in insuring all your business properties. You also need to be sure your coverage is enough to allow you to rebuild, repair, or replace if required.
Why Should I Buy Business Interruption Insurance in San Francisco, CA?
When an earthquake or flood occurs and if the damage is substantial enough, your business may temporarily have to close for a prolonged period, while repairs are made. Following is data on past declared disasters:
- Number of federally declared disasters in CA since 1953: 330
- Most common reasons for declared disasters: fire/250
- Average number of tornadoes in CA per year: 11
If your business must close for a prolonged period, money-wise it can be devastating, especially if you own a small business. Business interruption insurance offers an answer by supplying your business with an income extension until your business can continue regular activities. This will allow you to pay regular monthly payments such as utility bills, loan payments, and employee wages when your business is temporarily incapable of producing an income.
Speak with your local independent insurance agent today to find out more about how business interruption insurance can benefit your San Francisco, CA business.
Does My San Francisco, CA Business Need to Carry Worker's Compensation Insurance?
When you own a business in San Francisco, you are obligated to provide a safe workspace for your employees to perform their tasks. However, even when all safety precautions are taken, employees do get hurt or become ill.
Moreover, when you own a business in California, you must provide for your employees’ financial losses if they get sick or hurt on the job. Your business must provide worker's compensation if an employee works for you on a constant basis or you are an out-of-state employer.
Insurance companies base their worker's compensation rates on the kinds of jobs your employees perform and the possibility they might get hurt or sick while on the job. It would cost more to cover a race car driver than to cover a hair stylist.
An independent insurance agent can help you by taking a glance at your expenses and pair you with an insurance company that focuses on covering businesses in your industry.
What about Insurance Options for Employee Benefits Packages?
Healthcare coverage can be steep, but if your business offers subsidized coverage to your employees, it can have positive results. Human resources executives have investigated and established that businesses offering sustainable employee benefits packages have an easier time attracting and retaining model employees. The following are facts on the annual amount spent on healthcare coverage:
- National annual amount spent on healthcare coverage: $2,305/person
- State annual amount spent on healthcare coverage in CA: $1,166/person
There are several life, car, and health insurance options available for you and your employees to choose from, which can make it difficult to determine the best policies to mix into your employee benefits package.
A local independent insurance agent can go over the advantages and disadvantages of each business insurance option so you can make an informed decision.
Why Should I Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in San Francisco, CA?
In the insurance trade, insurance companies understand every business is distinctive and has it is own specific risks. This is the reason they permit business owners to completely customize their commercial business insurance options.
Find an independent insurance agent with an office in or near San Francisco, CA to discover more. You can soon find out how easy it can be to build a comprehensive business insurance policy package.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.