Dunwoody, Georgia, is located in Atlanta's central business district. Dunwoody is home to 1,717 businesses and serves as a headquarters for many large companies.
Business owners of all sizes need business insurance. It protects your company when something goes wrong. An independent insurance agent can help you compare business insurance quotes in Dunwoody, GA.
How Much Does Business Insurance Cost in Dunwoody, GA?
Average costs for business insurance vary a lot, depending on the type of business you own and many other factors. The price depends on the types of coverage you need and how risky it is to own and operate your business.
Below are just some of the characteristics that insurance companies use to evaluate how much to charge you for your business insurance in Dunwoody, GA:
- Your annual gross sales and payroll
- Your average employee count
- The size and physical location of your business
- The value of your physical assets (buildings, vehicles, machines, equipment, inventory, etc.)
- The nature of your business (what do you do?)
- Your prior insurance claims history
- The types and amounts of coverage that you need
Cyber incidents, business interruptions, and natural disasters are some of the leading risks to businesses nationwide. If your business is located in a city or state with a higher-than-average number of these incidents, you're likely to pay more for certain types of business insurance.
In Georgia specifically, there have been 70 federally declared disasters since 1953. Federally declared disasters usually occur because of events like tornadoes, floods, or wildfires. What’s more, everyday events can unexpectedly damage your commercial property at any time. The main risks for property damage in Georgia are:
- Severe storms and lightning
- Burglary and other property crimes
- Flooding and other water damage
It’s important to work with an independent insurance agent who understands all of the risks you face in Dunwoody, GA, and how they affect your business insurance costs.
Is Business Insurance Required in Dunwoody, GA?
Georgia law does not require most types of business insurance. If, however, your business owns even one vehicle, you have to purchase commercial auto insurance that complies with the state’s car insurance laws.
Georgia vehicle owners must have auto liability coverage that at least meets the following minimum limits:
- Bodily injury liability: $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability: $25,000 per accident
Liability insurance helps pay for damage (e.g., medical bills, car repairs) to others if they are injured or if their property is damaged in an accident or incident where you're at fault.
In addition, the state of Georgia requires you to carry workers’ compensation insurance if you have three or more full-time, part-time, or seasonal employees. Workers' compensation insurance helps injured workers pay for the costs of medical care and lost wages if they are injured on the job.
What Does Business Insurance Cover in Dunwoody, GA?
A comprehensive business insurance program in Dunwoody, GA, will typically include the following types of coverage:
- Commercial general liability (CGL) insurance: Protects your business from lawsuits related to bodily injury and property damage claims. It pays for medical expenses, legal fees, and financial settlements or judgments. Your CGL policy even covers personal injury claims such as libel and slander.
- Commercial property insurance: This covers damage to a building and its contents if damaged by a weather event, fire, theft, vandalism, and other covered perils.
- Business interruption coverage: Protects your earnings if your business cannot operate because of damage after a fire, hail, wind, equipment breakdown, or another covered event. If you are forced to close your doors for a while to make repairs to or rebuild your business, this coverage pays for rent, employee salaries, lost income, relocation fees, and more.
- Commercial auto insurance: Protects your business-owned cars and trucks from property damage and liability claims.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: Pays for medical expenses and a portion of an employee's lost wages after a work-related injury.
Business insurance will be different for every company in Dunwoody. An independent insurance agent who understands your unique company needs can recommend the specific coverage to protect you best.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Does Small Business Liability Insurance Cover in Dunwoody, GA?
Liability insurance is critical for any small business in Dunwoody, GA. Small business liability insurance is essentially lawsuit coverage.
Liability insurance protects your business when you are considered to be negligent or are blamed for causing harm to an individual or another business. This can be in the form of property damage, an injury, an illness, or some kind of reputational harm.
The main building block of your liability protection will be a commercial general liability (CGL) policy.
Commercial general liability (CGL) insurance provides broad protection for third-party bodily injury and property damage claims. It can help you cover the medical bills of injured individuals, repair or replace damaged property, pay for your legal defense if you are sued, and even cover penalties and judgments if you are responsible for a third party’s damage.
General liability insurance also provides coverage for product liability, advertising liability, slander, and libel claims against your business. Let’s say that in the course of advertising your business in the local newspaper, you cause a financial “injury” to a competitor by copying their advertising ideas, or infringing on a copyright or slogan. Your CGL policy would protect you if you were sued for damages as a result.
Remember that CGL policies usually exclude coverage for certain kinds of lawsuits. You're likely to need additional small business liability insurance to cover certain types of potential claims.
Talk to your independent insurance agent about why you might need cyber liability insurance, professional liability insurance, employment practices liability insurance, or any customized small business liability protection.
Are There Any Small Business Health Insurance Plans in Dunwoody, GA?
Health insurance and other employee benefits can help you encourage and support a healthy and satisfied workforce. What’s more, you may be eligible for certain tax benefits if you offer health insurance to your employees.
Many different small business health insurance plans are available in Dunwoody, GA. A local independent insurance agent can help you find affordable small business health insurance near you.
What Are the Best Small Business Insurance Companies in Dunwoody, GA?
It can be simple to find the best small business insurance companies in Georgia. A local independent insurance agent can help you get business insurance quotes from multiple insurance companies so that you can select the best policy for your needs and budget.
How Can an Independent Insurance Agent Help Me Find the Best Business Insurance in Dunwoody, GA?
Instead of getting an online quote, find an independent insurance agent now, and get one-on-one consultation and affordable options for the best coverage for your unique needs. Your agent will work with you free of charge, offering you a variety of business insurance quotes in Dunwoody to help you make the best choice.
What’s more, your agent will be there for you when claim time comes. They know the ins and outs of the process and will make sure your claim is handled appropriately.
Contact an agent today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.