Revere Car Insurance
(Get the coverage you need at a price you can afford.)
Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere and to anyone, especially in the winter when driving conditions can be hazardous. That is why car insurance is so important in Revere, MA.
Whether you find yourself involved in a fender bender on Squire Road or in a serious collision on the Northeast Expressway, a solid car insurance policy can prevent you from facing large financial losses as a result.
Independent insurance agents can help you find the best and most affordable auto insurance policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs. Find an insurance agent in Revere to learn more, and you can start comparing customized car insurance quotes in no time.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Revere, MA?
The average cost of car insurance in Massachusetts is higher than the national average. Shopping around and comparing rates can save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Massachusetts average annual car insurance cost: $1,460
You can expect that the quotes you get from insurance companies will differ, not just from these average rates, but also from each other. This is because each insurance company has its own way of assessing risk and assigning rates. Your rates will be based on a number of factors such as:
- The make, model, trim, and year of every vehicle you are insuring
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Your driving record and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of your deductible
- The amount of liability insurance you are purchasing
- The coverage options you are including in your policy
If you are bundling your car insurance with other policies like homeowners insurance or renters insurance, you can often qualify for significant discounts on each of your policies. You may also be entitled to other potential discounts, such as if you have a safe driving record or are a student with good grades.
Let a local independent insurance agent help you compare prices and find all the discounts for which you qualify, so that you can obtain the coverage you need at the most competitive rate.
What Does Revere Car Insurance Cover?
Car insurance policies are a mixture of required and optional coverage. As a resident of Revere, your policy must meet or exceed the state’s bare minimum coverage requirements.
The state of Massachusetts requires drivers to carry liability insurance, uninsured motorist insurance, and personal injury protection insurance (PIP) only. However, if you are still paying for your car, your lender will probably require you to also carry comprehensive and collision insurance.
You can expect your insurance provider to offer the following types of coverage:
- Liability insurance (Required): This covers other people’s injuries and damage if you cause an accident. Your policy must include bodily injury liability coverage of at least $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident; and property damage liability coverage of at least $5,000 per accident.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (Required): This pays for damage and injuries that go beyond what your PIP insurance covers if you are in a collision that was caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Your policy must include bodily injury coverage of at least $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) (Required): This pays for your medical expenses if you are injured in a collision, regardless of fault. Your policy must include at least $8,000 in personal injury protection insurance.
- Collision insurance (Partially optional): This pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged in a collision, regardless of fault. Though optional by law, this coverage is often required by lenders until your car is paid off and by dealerships if you are leasing it.
- Comprehensive insurance (Partially optional): This pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is lost or damaged due a non-collision event such as a flood, falling object, or garage fire. Though optional by law, this coverage is often required by lenders until your car is paid off and by dealerships if you are leasing it.
- Roadside assistance and towing (Optional): This pays for the cost of assistance if your vehicle becomes disabled while you are out on the road, such as if you get a flat tire or run out of gas.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (Optional): This pays for the cost of renting a vehicle while repairs are being made to your car following a covered event.
Talk to your insurance agent for help determining how much liability coverage you can reasonably afford and to discuss which coverage options may be right for you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Why Is Uninsured Motorist Insurance So Important?
Driving without insurance is illegal in Massachusetts. If caught, uninsured drivers can face some pretty tough penalties, including fines up to $5,000, suspension of their driving privileges for up to one year, up to one year in jail, and a $500 reinstatement fee. It’s just not worth the risk.
Perhaps because of these harsh penalties, Massachusetts has an exceptionally low rate of uninsured motorists.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 12.6%
- Percentage of Massachusetts drivers who are uninsured: 6.2%
Having uninsured motorist insurance lets you rest rest assured that if an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver is responsible for a collision with your vehicle, you will receive the compensation you are due without needing to go through expensive lawyers or time-consuming lawsuits.
How High Is the Auto Theft Rate in Revere?
The auto theft rate in Massachusetts, and in Revere specifically, is lower than the national average. This is not to say that the risk does not exist in this city. Residents of Revere report about 100 auto thefts a year.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Massachusetts auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.18
- Revere auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.58
In order for you to be reimbursed for an auto theft, your car insurance policy must include comprehensive coverage, which is optional.
If you are still paying for your car, you probably already have this coverage. If not, talk to your insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to add this useful “other than collision” coverage to your car insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Revere, MA?
Independent agents can be a great source of information when you are looking for the right car insurance policy. These insurance professionals can explain your many coverage options, answer your insurance-related questions, and help you review offerings from multiple providers.
Be sure you are choosing a policy that offers you the best value for your money. Contact an independent insurance agent with an office in Revere to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.