The city of Natchez, MS was established more than 300 years ago. Since that time, the residents and businesses that call the townhome have enjoyed the view from the highest bluff of the Mississippi River. The quaint little town is considered the “Birthplace of the Mississippi” and takes pride in its heritage. Natchez has done an excellent job of maintaining historical landmarks. Visitors and residents alike enjoy Natchez’s collection of museums; the ever-popular assortment of casinos and bike trails and old oak trees that are covered with Spanish moss; and the numerous fishing and birdwatching opportunities.
Natchez is home to dozens of thriving small businesses. During previous years, there were 242,843 small businesses in Mississippi, providing employment to 430,316 people. Of course, owning a business is always risky. Recently, loss payouts to Mississippi businesses totaled $2,714,133. The harsh reality is that without insurance, most Natchez business owners are a single disaster away from losing their business.
Our Independent Insurance Agents make it easier than ever before to find affordable Natchez business insurance at an affordable cost. Our friendly agents provide quotes on multiple policies and help each business create a customized commercial insurance plan to protect against common threats faced by all businesses in the Mississippi delta.
General liability insurance is the bedrock of any commercial insurance policy in Natchez. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Make sure your business is prepared for liability risks with a comprehensive business liability insurance policy.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. You simply cannot afford to ignore the potential risk as a business owner. Before you sell a single product, make sure you’re covered with product liability insurance.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: Professional liability insurance protects Natchez businesses that offer professional services. If a lawsuit is filed for breach of contract or failure to deliver proper services, professional liability insurance handles the cost of the lawsuit. This life-saving policy keeps your business from financial ruin if an unhappy client ever files a lawsuit.
Business Interruption Insurance for Natchez Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Mississippi gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP was 0.6% lower than the recent GDP
Mississippi’s unpredictable weather patterns can pose serious risks to Natchez small businesses. If a tornado touches down in your neighborhood and blows the roof off your commercial property, you have to close the doors until you can make repairs. In the meantime, you have to deal with lost revenue and mounting bills. Business interruption insurance helps small businesses survive these catastrophes by offering compensation for lost profits after an interrupting event.
Property Insurance for Natchez Businesses
- Number of recorded disasters in Mississippi since 1953: 83
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
One of the biggest issues that Natchez business owners encounter is the weather. The city is always at high risk for tornadoes. Since 1950, the city has reported a total of 104 tornadoes in the area, which averages to two a year, and one fatality each year. All it takes is a single angry tornado in the wrong place, and your commercial property could be destroyed. The good news is that as long as you have a Natchez commercial property insurance plan in place, you have the resources you need to pay for the cleanup and repair so you can be back in business in no time at all.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Workers' Compensation for Natchez Businesses
Without your employees, you can’t run your business properly. On the other hand, if you have a couple of clumsy employees who trip and fall while on the clock, you also can’t afford the cost of their medical care. The best way to handle this particular issue is with a good workers' compensation plan. Not only does workers' comp cover employees' medical bills and lost wages after an injury, but it also protects your company from related legal disputes.
Employee Coverages for Natchez Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Mississippi: $332,790
- Ranked 17th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,207/person or $14,053/family
Good employee insurance is an important consideration when you’re trying to attract ideal candidates to job opportunities. Unfortunately, the cost of health and life insurance is on the rise and the climbing premiums can place a serious strain on a small-business budget. Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you find affordable employee coverages by providing multiple rate quotes. Our experienced agents can point you toward the most budget-friendly health and life insurance options for your staff.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Natchez Businesses
- 2,409 identity theft complaints in Mississippi in recent years
- Ranked #18 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
As more and more businesses rely on technology for daily operations, cyber crimes have become a major problem. Research shows that only 22 percent of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber attacks and data breaches. If you don’t have a response plan in place, it’s time to consider the benefits of cyber crime insurance. This business insurance option protects your company’s financial assets and safeguards your sensitive information in case you fall prey to a malicious hacker or an accidental data breach.
Our Independent Insurance Agents specialize in helping Natchez businesses find the best business insurance coverage at affordable prices. Whether you have a brand-new startup or a decades-old business, our friendly agents can help you create a customized commercial insurance plan to protect your company from Natchez’s most common threats.
Contact an agent today to get a customized quote on Natchez commercial insurance.