Pascagoula, MS drivers want dependable car insurance for a reasonable price. Sometimes the process of finding such a thing is intimidating. If you need help shopping for auto coverage, then feel free to read through this guide. Or save even more time by just reaching out to an independent insurance agent in your community. Working with an experienced, local insurance agent is a good option since they know the best insurance for Pascagoula drivers like you.
Pascagoula, Mississippi Drivers Have to Buy Liability Insurance
In 2000, Mississippi lawmakers decided drivers needed to have liability coverage to protect other vehicles, other people, and the property of others. These are the liability amounts Mississippi motorists must have to drive around legally:
- Pay for 1 person’s medical bills: $25,000 per person (limited to a single accident) for bodily injury
- Pay for multiple medical bills: $50,000 per accident for bodily injury
- Pay for someone else’s car repairs: $25,000 per accident for property damage
You can certainly pick higher limits for liability coverage and all other car insurance benefits too. Or you may want to purchase an umbrella insurance policy to absorb any damage that exceeds your liability policy benefits. Local insurance agents will be more than happy to go over all your choices.
What Does Pascagoula, Mississippi Car Insurance Cost?
Most motorists aren’t sure how they can go about finding plenty of auto coverage for the least amount of money. In fact, Mississippi citizens usually pay more for car insurance than in other states.
- Pascagoula, MS average annual premium: $1,432
- Mississippi average annual premium: $1,584
- US average annual premium: $1,311
- Mississippi has the 12th most expensive auto premium in the US.
Insurance costs are specific to each vehicle, driver, and area. In Pascagoula, the theft rate is 1.76 per 1,000 cars, which is lower than the national average. Yet it's still troubling if you’re the person that has their car stolen.
Your local independent agent knows all about which car insurance policies have the most competitive premiums for local drivers. They also know the best carriers and rates for home insurance and life insurance too.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Tips to Help You Save Money on Pascagoula, Mississippi Car Insurance
Your local insurance agent will ask for lots of details about your driving history and your car. The answers to these questions will influence your final premium amount. Keep in mind, there are a few rules of thumb you can use to lower your car insurance premium.
- Keep your driving record clean and enjoy lower premiums.
- Higher deductibles equal lower pricing.
- The less miles you drive each year, the less premium you’ll pay.
- Better pricing is given to drivers with good credit.
- Paying your full premium upfront will save you monthly installment fees.
- Never let your insurance lapse because your next policy will cost more.
- Older car models (5 years old or later) can save you money.
- The more education you’ve had, the less you might pay.
Don’t Forget to Buy These Other Auto Insurance Benefits
Liability-only policies don’t fix damage to your own car. You’ll need to buy extra auto coverage to do that. Your local agent can fill you in on all the bonus benefits available to buy and what they do for you. Of course, if you’re paying on a car loan, your lender will tell you the insurance coverages you must have to keep your loan in good standing.
- Collision coverage pays for repairs on your vehicle or replacement of your vehicle if it’s a complete loss. When you opt for collision coverage, you’ll automatically have comprehensive insurance added too.
- Comprehensive coverage covers a list of specific risks that could damage your car, including deer hits, fire, vandalism, theft, and other dangers. To know the specific dangers your insurer will take care of, be sure to read your car insurance policy or talk with your agent.
- Uninsured motorist coverage will take care of your car and your medical bills if you get in an accident with an uninsured motorist. The reality is that 23.8% of Mississippi drivers don’t have any insurance to pay for your damage.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is meant to pay for any medical bills you incur because of an accident-related injury. This benefit pays for things like doctor visits, emergency room trips, pain medication, hospitalizations, etc.
Remember, even if the worst day of your life does happen, you can call your Pascagoula insurance agent for help getting the claim settled. Your local agent (and neighbor) has a ton of motivation to get you back on the road again.
Start Shopping for Car Insurance and Save Money Today
Car insurance shopping is a whole lot easier when you work with a free, independent, and experienced insurance agent. It’s wonderful to know you have an independent insurance agent in your community that can assist. A Pascagoula, MS agent will match a high-quality auto insurance policy to your needs and budget.
Reach out to an independent insurance agent today to get yourself insured with a cheaper plan, and then get out on the road.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
Mississippi Insurance Department