Pearl, MS drivers want dependable car insurance for a reasonable price. Sometimes it can be confusing trying to get to that point. If you need help shopping for auto coverage, then feel free to read through this guide. Or save even more time by just reaching out to an independent insurance agent in your community. Working with an experienced, local insurance agent is a good option since they know the best insurance for Pearl drivers like you.
The Cost of Pearl, Mississippi Car Insurance
Most drivers have no clue how they can snag comprehensive auto coverage for a reasonable price. In fact, Mississippi citizens usually pay more for car insurance than in other states.
- Pearl, MS average annual premium: $1,386
- Mississippi average annual premium: $1,584
- US average annual premium: $1,311
- Mississippi has the 12th most expensive auto premium in the US.
Insurance costs are specific to each vehicle, driver, and area. In Pearl, the theft rate is 0.43 per 1,000 cars, which is way lower than the national average. Yet it's still troubling if you’re the one person that has their car stolen.
Don’t forget about the special discounts most insurers offer to qualified applicants. You might be able to save anywhere from 5% to 25% in premium simply by having multiple policies with the same company, being a senior, having an excellent driving record, or driving a vehicle with safety features.
Your local independent agent knows all about which car insurance policies have the most competitive premiums (and best discounts) for local drivers. They also know where to find top quality home insurance and life insurance. Ask about all your personal insurance needs when you talk with your agent.
Basic Liability Insurance for Pearl, Mississippi Roads
Mississippi drivers must have basic liability coverage to protect other vehicles, other people, and the property of others. Below are the liability amounts Mississippi motorists must maintain to drive around legally:
- Property damage: $25,000 per accident
- Bodily injury: $25,000 per person (limited to a single accident) / $50,000 per accident
You have the choice of selecting higher liability limits, which is what most insurance experts recommend. Of course, richer liability benefits will mean higher premium. However, you’ll save a fortune should you be unlucky enough to cause a car crash with injuries or property damage.
Some people opt for umbrella insurance to absorb any costs that exceed their liability limits. Your Pearl insurance agent will be glad to go over all your options.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Getting Full Coverage Options for Pearl, Mississippi Drivers
To protect yourself and your vehicle, you’ll want to buy these auto coverages.
- Pays to fix or replace your vehicle after a car crash: Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle if you hit another car or an object.
- Pays to fix or replace your car after non-collision accidents: Comprehensive coverage pays for repair or replacement of your vehicle after a deer hit, theft, vandalism, or other covered incident. To know the specific dangers your insurer will take care of, be sure to read your car insurance policy or talk with your agent.
- Pays for your medical treatment if you’re hurt in a car crash: Personal injury protection, or PIP, will reimburse you for medical bills (e.g., doctor visits, hospitalizations, pain meds), according to your policy limits.
- Pays for everything the other driver can’t: Uninsured motorist coverage will take care of your car and your medical bills if an uninsured motorist hits you. The reality is that 23.8% of Mississippi drivers don’t have any insurance to pay for your damage.
Remember, even if the worst day of your life does happen, you can call your Pearl insurance agent for help getting the claim settled. Your local agent wants to support you and get you back on the road again.
Ask Your Pearl, MS Independent Insurance Agent to Get You Covered
Make auto coverage shopping so much easier and more effective by relying on an independent insurance agent. Your Pearl, MS agent will look for the best insurance policy for your situation. The great part is your independent agent won’t charge you a dime for sharing their expertise. They do all the work, you get the rewards.
Call an independent insurance agent today to get your vehicle insured with a better and more affordable plan.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
Mississippi Insurance Department