You just can't get any more quaint than Leland, Mississippi. This small town is known for being the birthplace of Kermit the Frog and home to Jim Henson himself.
If you're looking for small-town prices on homeowners insurance, Leland may be your ticket. Get rates from a local independent agent to obtain coverage for your home.
What It Costs to Insure a Leland, MS Home
When it comes to insuring your Leland home, there are a variety of factors that need to be considered. The insurance carriers are looking at more than just your home.
What insurance carriers look at when insuring your home:
- Replacement cost: What it would cost to replace your home will help determine your premiums. The average house price in Leland, MS, is about $58,300.
- Coverage: The amount of coverage you select will cause your premiums to be higher or lower. The more coverage you have, the higher your rates.
- Loss History: If you have a history of repeated claims, your premiums are likely to be higher. The carriers look at claims reported to determine how much of a surcharge needs to be added.
Homeowners insurance premium averages:
- National average: $1,173 per year
- Mississippi average: $1,508 per year
- Leland average: $1,053 per year
Do Property Crimes in Leland, MS Affect Insurance Premiums?
In short, yes. The crime rates in an area do affect your insurance premiums. The carriers are estimating the likelihood that you would file a crime-related claim. If your city's crime rates are higher, so are your premiums.
Burglaries per 1,000 homes in Leland, MS:
- National average: 4.69
- Mississippi average: 7.81
- Leland average: 0.48
Leland has a low burglary rate compared to the national and state averages. This makes Leland a safe place to live.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Declared Disasters in Leland, MS and Your Home Insurance
The state of Mississippi has reported 68 natural disasters since 1953. This has included 29 severe storms and 45.1 tornadoes.
Most common disasters in Leland, MS:
- Storms: 10 that have caused significant destruction.
- Floods: 9 that have caused major damage.
- Tornadoes: 7 that have caused severe loss.
Your independent agent can shed some light on how your policy will respond to storm and tornado damage. It's definitely a loss you want to be covered for on your homeowners policy.
Flood Insurance and How It's Different
Flood insurance is a separate policy and one you need to have in Leland. With flooding in list of the top three disasters in this small town of 3,981 residents, you'll want the protection.
What Coverage Your Home Needs in Leland, MS
Most homeowners insurance policies come with standard coverage. The most common coverages are:
- Dwelling: Covers the replacement of your home itself.
- Personal property: Provides coverage for your personal belongings.
- Other structures: Protects your sheds and detached garages.
- Additional expense: Has coverage for rent or hotel expenses, including food, if you need to relocate as a result of a claim.
- Perils: Fire, hail, winds, lightning, and theft are usually covered perils.
You can discuss what coverage your Leland home needs with your agent. Some of the most reported claims in Mississippi are good to know as well.
Top 5 claims reported in MS:
- Severe storms and lightening
- Burglary and other property crimes
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Flooding and water damage
Use a Local Independent Insurance Agent
You'll want a local independent agent in Leland, MS. Your agent should know the lay of the land and have a good idea of what coverages are needed for your home. An independent agent can find coverage and pricing through multiple carriers. Get your best options by matching with an independent agent at TrustedChoice.com today.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
V home insurance
The City of Leland