Senatobia has been rated one of the top places to live in the state, that’s why over 55% of the residents own their home. If you have decided to purchase a home in this town, it’s a great idea to invest in a homeowners insurance policy. This will protect your house and valuables in case of a disaster.
An independent insurance agent can help you find the insurance policy you’re looking for. They will comparison shop from multiple insurance companies to make sure that you get the best deal. When you’re ready, chat with an independent agent to get started.
How Much Is Homeowners Insurance Going to Cost in Senatobia, MS?
The average American homeowner pays $1,173 per year for their home insurance policy. The average annual premium in Mississippi is $1,508, which makes it one of the most expensive states for buying home insurance. Unfortunately, in Senatobia, it tends to be even higher with an average of $1,691 per year.
Your exact rate may be higher or lower depending on certain factors that relate to you. Insurance carriers will calculate the cost of your policy based on things that are specific to you like:
- Location of your home: Expect to pay higher premium if you live in an area prone to natural disasters.
- Materials, condition and the age of your home: A brick home will have a lower premium than a house made out of flammable materials. A home that is old or not well-maintained will also have a higher rate.
- Claim record: The more claims there are in your history, the higher your rates will be.
How to Save on Your Homeowners insurance
- Home security discount: If you have a smoke detector, burglar alarm, or other security measures put in place.
- Maintain a good credit record: The insurer may use your credit information to price your policy, so having a solid credit history can cut your insurance costs.
- Home renovation credit: If you renovate your home’s plumbing, heating, cooling or electrical systems.
Before you purchase your homeowners insurance policy, you should comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. Lucky for you, an independent insurance agent in Senatobia will do this step for you. They aren’t tied down to one insurer, so they can find the best discounts that apply to you.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Does Your Senatobia Home Insurance Do for You?
Your homeowners insurance gives you a backup plan in case a disaster occurs in your neighborhood. Whether it’s a fire, burglary, or high winds, you covered if you have a basic home insurance policy.
- Pays for repairs to your home and belongings (Example: If high winds knock over a tree onto your house, and it ruins your TV)
- Pays for temporary living expenses when your home is damaged (Example: You need a hotel, and have to pay for laundry or eat at restaurants while you wait for your house to be repaired due to a fallen tree.)
- Pays for someone else’s injuries or property damage when it’s your fault (Example: Your kid is playing soccer and accidentally kicks that ball through your neighbor’s window)
So How Much Coverage Do You Need in Senatobia, MS?
It a good idea to have enough homeowners insurance to:
- Reimburse your living expenses while you can’t live in your home
- Replace your belongings
- Rebuild your home
- Cover injuries and damage that happen on your property
Your basic homeowners insurance will cover these, but only up to a certain dollar amount. So if you have expensive furniture, jewelry, or antiques, it may be a good idea to purchase additional coverage. An independent insurance agent can help you figure out exactly how much coverage you need for your valuables.
What Is Not Covered under Your Home Insurance in Senatobia, MS?
Sixteen percent of the homes in Senatobia have a risk of flooding by the end of 2020. As the years pass, the number of properties will continue to grow. Unfortunately, your home insurance policy will not protect you against damage from floods. It is a smart investment to purchase a flood insurance policy to protect your home.
Your flood insurance policy will cover things like:
- Your home and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Kitchen appliances (refrigerator, stove and other built-ins)
- Debris removal
How to Find Homeowners Insurance in Senatobia, MS
An independent agent in Senatobia will answer all your questions about a home insurance policy. They work for you to get competitive rates and help you make a smart decision. When you’re ready, contact a Senatobia agent to protect your biggest investment.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.