According to the career expert site Zippia, Mississippi is the fifth-best state in the country for landscapers. If you are among the many owners of a landscaping firm in this state, you can shield your company from undue financial losses by investing in suitable commercial insurance policies.
Local independent insurance agents can explain your many coverage options when it comes to landscapers insurance. They can also help you find the best and most affordable policies to cover against all your company’s potential risks. Contact an insurance agent near you to get more information.
What Is Landscapers Insurance?
Landscapers insurance is a general term used to describe a business owners policy (BOP) or a business insurance policy package that has been customized to meet the specific coverage needs of landscaping businesses.
Why Is Business Insurance Important for Landscapers in Mississippi?
Landscaping companies face several potential risks. For instance, consider how your business would handle the following situations if it were uninsured.
- Thousands of dollars worth of landscaping equipment is stolen from a job site while your workers are on their lunch break.
- A worker who sprays pesticides onto lawns is stricken with an occupational illness that can be attributed to exposure to toxic fumes.
- Heavy winds from a hurricane damage the garage where you store your lawncare equipment and this necessary property is severely damaged.
- An employee that you had to let go sues your company for wrongful termination and you need to hire a lawyer for your defense.
- One of your workers misjudges a lane change while towing equipment to a job site and causes a serious collision.
These are just a few examples of the many potential problems that can cost your landscaping business a lot of money. Fortunately, the right insurance policies can mitigate these risks.
How Much Does Landscapers Insurance Cost in Mississippi?
The cost of landscapers insurance can vary from one business to the next. While a small, two-person company may only pay a hundred dollars a month, a large business with several employees may pay thousands.
Here are some of the factors that can influence your rates.
- Your company’s expected annual revenues
- The value of your business assets
- The number of people you employ
- The number and types of vehicles used by your business
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing
- Your company’s claims history
Every insurance company has its own method for calculating rates, so it pays to comparison shop before you choose a policy. Independent insurance agents make this easy by obtaining a variety of customized quotes on your behalf.
What Does Mississippi Landscapers Insurance Cover?
When you build your landscapers insurance policy package, you will only need to buy the coverage that is relevant to your business. Independent agents can help you decide which policies you need and which you can do without.
A basic business insurance policy will provide the following coverage.
- Commercial property insurance: This can cover your business-owned property like mowers, sprayers, tools, and equipment if it is lost or damaged due to a covered event.
- Commercial general liability insurance: This can cover your landscaping company against many of the most common liability risks businesses face, such as if a third-party is injured on your business premises.
You can then supplement this coverage with additional policies such as the following.
- Inland marine insurance: This can cover your company’s portable property whenever it is in transit or at a job site.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: This can cover medical treatments and lost wages if an employee is injured on the job or is stricken by an occupational illness. The state of Mississippi requires you to carry this insurance if you have at least five employees.
- Employment practices liability insurance: This can cover your business if a current, former, or prospective employee makes an accusation of illegal employment practices like discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination.
- Commercial vehicle insurance: This can cover against accidents involving company-owned vehicles. You must cover these vehicles with a policy that meets or exceeds Mississippi’s minimum coverage requirements.
- Environmental liability insurance: This can cover cleanup costs and liabilities if an accident or disaster leads to toxic substances used by your company polluting the land, water, or air. This is very important if your company sprays pesticides or other chemicals onto lawns.
A local independent agent can explain more about each of these optional policies and can identify any other commercial insurance products that may be a good fit for your Mississippi landscaping business.
An Independent Agent Can Help You Find the Best Landscapers Insurance in Mississippi
If you are looking for comprehensive landscapers insurance coverage at an affordable price, look no further than an independent insurance agent. These local professionals can recommend the right insurance products for your business and can shop around to find the coverage you need at the most affordable rates.
There are more than 200 independent agents in Mississippi so it should be easy to find one with an office near you. Discover how easy it can be to find the best coverage by talking to an independent insurance agent today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.