As Mississippi's capital city, Jackson is the center of the state's action and enjoyment. So if you're rushing to work on Monday, enjoying a night on the town on Friday or having a relaxing, scenic drive on Sunday, there's a lot to see and do, especially when you're riding your motorcycle. But bustling cities also have more people, more cars and potentially more accidents. So make sure you have the right Jackson, MS motorcycle insurance to protect you as you travel to your destination.
An independent Trusted Choice® member agent can set you up with the coverage you need at an affordable price. A local agent can compare many different insurance companies and coverage options to help you find the Jackson motorcycle insurance that you need. Contact an agent agent now for free Jackson motorcycle insurance quotes.
Motorcycle Accident Facts
- 77% of motorcycles are struck from the front; 7% are struck from behind
- 43% of these accidents are fatal
- 50% of the accidents are caused by a car turning left
- 75% of these accidents are caused by the driver's failure to see the motorcycle before the collision
What Does Jackson Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Even though they only make up three percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 13 percent of all traffic fatalities. When you take to the road on your bike, most likely you understand those risks. You should also understand the liability and property damage risks you face and cover yourself and your ride with Jackson motorcycle insurance.
Basic motorcycle insurance covers you in three main areas:
- Liability: Protects you if you injure someone or damage someone else's property in an accident. Liability insurance pays your claims and provides your legal defense if you are sued. It will also cover settlement or judgment costs, up to the limits of your policy.
- Property damage: Collision covers damage to your bike if you collide with another object. Comprehensive, or "other than collision," covers most other damage to your motorcycle. For example, your bike is covered if it is stolen, vandalized or damaged by severe weather, like a hailstorm.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: Protects you and your motorcycle from damage caused by an uninsured motorist or a motorist who does not have enough coverage to pay for all the damage.
Do You Have To Carry Motorcycle Insurance?
In Mississippi, if you are a motorcyclist, you have to wear a helmet and carry minimum levels of motorcycle liability insurance. These are the minimums:
- $25,000 bodily injury per person, per single accident
- $50,000 bodily injury for all people, per accident
- $25,000 per accident for property damage
A Trusted Choice member agent can help you determine the coverage limits you need based on the kind of bike you own and specific risks you face. In many real life scenarios, the minimum liability limits will not cover your real costs.
How Much Is Mississippi Motorcycle Insurance?
Various factors affect the price of your motorcycle insurance.
- What kind of motorcycle do you have? Choppers, sports bikes, dirt bikes, cruisers and touring bikes are very popular. You can cover your bike easily no matter the type, although rates may vary.
- Where do you live and ride? Jackson is a big city filled with cars and people traveling on fast-paced highways, so, insurers will consider Jackson riskier than a smaller, rural community.
- Do you store your bike during the week and only use it for scenic drives on the weekend outside of Jackson? You will likely pay less than someone who commutes to the center of Jackson each day to work.
- How old are you? What's your driving history like? Younger drivers usually pay more, while those with a perfect driving history will pay less.
- What's your bike worth? Do you have a customized bike? The value of your motorcycle and its accessories influence the price of your policy as well.
You can have a knowledgeable Trusted Choice member agent walk you through all these factors and customize a policy that provides you with the coverage you need at affordable rates. Your agent can even seek out discounts based on your age, experience and other factors.
Get Jackson Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
No matter where you're going on your bike, you will get there with confidence with the help of a sound motorcycle insurance policy. An independent agent can help you find the insurance you need to be protected from property damage, injury and liability risks you may face.
Your independent Trusted Choice member agent can compare many different policies and find great coverage and rates for you. Contact an agent now to get your free Jackson motorcycle insurance quotes.