Known for its gateway arch, St. Louis, MO, is a historic town. This metropolis is made up of 308,626 residents, making it quite grand.
When you own a home in St. Louis, you'll want coverage that will protect you and your property. A local independent insurance agent can be found through TrustedChoice.com. Be on your way to a better policy today.
How to Insure Your St. Louis, MO, Airbnb
Since you do not occupy an Airbnb or a seasonal residence 100% of the time, your policy coverages are different from your primary residence. The insurance companies need to account for the exposures a short- or long-term rental may bring.
Different homeowners insurance policy types:
- Landlord insurance: If you have a short-term or long-term rental, your landlord policy will protect your interests as the property owner.
- Seasonal home insurance: This is considered your vacation home. Due to the property remaining vacant for a good portion of the year, the carrier charges accordingly.
Do Property Crimes Impact Your St. Louis Home Insurance?
Crime rates in St. Louis are almost double the state and national averages. This means your home insurance rates may be higher than others. Let's look at the numbers:
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 households in the US: 376
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 households in MO: 444.9
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 households in St. Louis: 970.8
If you are a victim of a break-in, your homeowners insurance will respond in the following ways:
- Replace or repair any damaged or stolen property
- Pay for medical expenses if anyone is injured
- Pay for additional living expenses if an interim house needs to be rented
St. Louis's crime rates will impact your premiums. The question is how much? Your independent agent can run quotes on home insurance to determine where your pricing stands.
Natural Disasters and Your St. Louis, MO, Home Insurance
Natural disasters are a way of life. Every state has them, and St. Louis is no exception. There are many ways severe weather can damage your home. Let's take a look at the catastrophic events in Missouri:
- The average number of tornadoes: 45
- The most common natural disaster: Severe storms
- The number of claims paid in 2016: 1,060,782
- The number of federally declared catastrophes since 1953: 68
With disasters out of your control, you need to make sure you have a policy that will withstand. If you have the right insurance in place, it will account for all the what-ifs that could occur.
The top five most common risks in St. Louis:
#1 - Severe storms and lightning
#2 - Flooding and water damage
#3 - Severe ice storms and freezing
#4 - Burglary and other property crimes
#5 - Tornadoes
Flood insurance for your St. Louis home:
The majority of homeowners are not aware that flood damage is not a covered loss under their primary policy. You'll need a separate flood insurance policy to have proper protection. Check out what getting a flood insurance quote looks like:
1.) Connect with a St. Louis, MO, independent agent to start the quoting process.
2.) Your agent will pull up your elevation certificate to determine your flood zone.
3) From there, your agent can start running quotes with FEMA-approved carriers.
4.) Purchase flood insurance through one of the options your independent agent presents.
To have the coverage you need when you need it, connect with your local agent today on flood insurance quotes.
Liability Insurance in St. Louis, MO
Almost every homeowners insurance policy has liability automatically included. A liability claim is caused by another party suing you or a member of your household. Instances that liability insurance will cover:
- Bodily injury caused to a guest, whether invited or not
- Slander or bullying by you or a member of the household
- Injury resulting from your pet
- Injuries or property damage that occurs while away from home
Your liability insurance is too important not to have enough coverage. Discuss policy options with your local agent to make sure you have the right protection.
What It Costs to Insure Your St. Louis, MO, Home
The insurance companies use several varying factors when determining your rates. Each premium is customized to your specifications and history. Since each person and home are different, your insurance costs will be different as well.
Home insurance rating factors:
- Crime rates
- Your credit score
- Your claims history
- Coverage selected
- Year, construction type, and square footage of your home
- The replacement cost of your home
- Discounts that may apply
To know the state and national average costs, you can get an idea of where you stand. Take a look at the average home insurance premiums:
- National average: $2,305
- Missouri average: $3,111
Missouri is ranked number ten on the most expensive home insurance costs list. Your rates could be less or more than the average figures. The best way to know your exact pricing is to have your St. Louis agent run quotes on your home.
An Independent Insurance Agent in St. Louis, MO
You'll have access to dozens of markets when you work with an independent insurance agent. This saves you a lot of time and premium dollars.
A local independent agent can compare costs, so you have options on coverage and pricing. Connect with an agent on TrustedChoice.com to get started.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.