Drivers in Blair are required by Nebraska state law to carry car insurance. This insurance can protect your finances by covering the costs associated with vehicle collisions. From fender benders on Washington Street to major accidents on the Lincoln Highway, a solid auto insurance policy can give you peace of mind by covering the associated costs. Finding reliable coverage at a great price is easy when you work with a local independent insurance agent. Find an insurance agent in or near Blair to start comparing customized quotes.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Blair, NE?
The average cost of car insurance in Nebraska is lower than in most states. In Blair, rates tend to be a bit higher, but are still well below the national average. You can be certain you are getting your coverage at a great price when you compare a few customized quotes before making a purchase.
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Nebraska average cost per year: $1,086
- Blair average cost per year: $1,121
Every insurance company uses a different method to assess risk and calculate rates. They will take into account a number of factors such as:
- The make, model, and year of your car
- The driving records and claims histories of the licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of liability coverage you wish you purchase
- The amount of your deductible
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with other policies like homeowners insurance or renters insurance
A local independent insurance agent can work with several different insurance companies to help you find a reliable policy at a competitive rate.
What Are Car Insurance Requirements for Vehicle Owners in Nebraska?
Vehicle owners in Blair are required to carry car insurance that meets or exceeds the state of Nebraska’s minimum coverage requirements. These include:
- Liability insurance: This covers injuries and property damage you may cause to others if you are responsible for an accident
- Bodily injury liability: Your policy must include a minimum of $25,000 per person; $50,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability: Your policy must include a minimum of $25,000 per accident.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: This covers your damage and injuries if an uninsured or underinsured driver is responsible for a collision with your vehicle.
Although these liability coverage requirements are enough to cover the costs associated with most vehicle accidents, if you are responsible for a serious collision — particularly one that results in fatalities or serious injuries — the associated costs are very likely to exceed these limits. In that case, you would need to make up the difference out-of-pocket.
That is why many drivers in Blair choose to purchase more liability coverage than the state requires. If you wish to have even more liability coverage than your auto policy can offer, an umbrella insurance policy can further boost your liability protection. Independent insurance agents in Blair can help you compare rates for different levels of liability coverage so you can determine how much coverage you can reasonably afford.
What Else Can Car Insurance Cover?
In addition to the liability and uninsured motorist coverage that must be included in your car insurance policy, you have a number of other coverage options available to choose from. These include:
- Collision insurance: This is designed to cover the cost of repairing collision-related damage to your car, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance: This is designed to cover the cost of repairing non-collision damage to your vehicles.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): This is designed to cover the treatment of injuries that you and your passengers may sustain in a vehicle accident, regardless of fault.
- Towing and roadside assistance: This is designed to cover the cost of assistance if your vehicle becomes disabled while out on the road.
- Gap insurance: This is designed to bridge the gap between what you currently owe on your vehicle and what it is worth in the event of a total loss.
- Rental car reimbursement: This is designed to cover the cost of renting a comparable vehicle while yours is being repaired due to damage sustained in a covered event.
Talk to your local insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to add each of these optional coverage offerings to your Blair car insurance policy.
Do All Car Insurance Policies Cover against Auto Theft?
The car theft rate in Nebraska is lower than the national average, and fortunately for residents of Blair, the risk is even lower in this city. Although the risk is low in Blair, if you frequently drive into Omaha or to other parts of the country, you face a greater likelihood of experiencing an auto theft.
- National number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Nebraska number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.26
- Blair number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 0.75
Be aware, however, that not all car insurance policies cover against car theft. Your policy will only cover you against this risk if it includes comprehensive insurance. This optional insurance is designed to cover Blair vehicle owners against non-collision-related damage, including loss or damage caused by falling objects, floods, fires, and property crimes. Be sure to ask your local insurance agent for more information about comprehensive coverage.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Blair?
Don’t pay more than you have to for your auto insurance coverage. Independent insurance agents in Blair can help you find a policy that meets Nebraska’s insurance requirements as well as any of your additional coverage needs. Independent agents are able to work with several different insurance companies to find you the best rate for coverage. That way, you can be sure you are getting your policy at a competitive price.
Find an insurance agent near you to get started.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.