Hamilton Township, New Jersey is 65 miles from New York City and only 35 miles from Philadelphia. Whether you are commuting to one of those cities for work, spending a weekend on the Jersey Shore, or staying closer to home, you need to travel along Hamilton’s busy roadways. From the New Jersey Turnpike to any of its auxiliary routes, you need to be a safe and conscientious driver.
Unfortunately, not all drivers around you can be counted on to be as careful as you are. If you get into an accident, you need car insurance to help you recover financially and get back out on the road with confidence. Independent insurance agents make shopping for the right car insurance policy easy. Independent agents can work with multiple insurance companies, so you can compare quotes and make sure you are getting the high-quality, best-value coverage you desire.
New Jersey Car Insurance Requirements
All vehicle owners in New Jersey are required to have a minimum amount of auto insurance that includes the following types of coverage:
- Bodily injury liability: Required
- Property damage liability: Required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Required
- Minimum liability limits: 15/30/5; coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $15,000 for one individual; and $5,000 coverage for property damage
An insurance agent can tell you about how in most cases it’s important to buy more than the minimum liability insurance required by the state. The minimum coverage may be sufficient to cover damage from minor accidents. But if you cause a serious accident, the minimum coverage likely won’t be enough and you’ll be left with extensive bills to pay.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Hamilton, NJ?
New Jersey has the 10th highest average car insurance rates in the US. Rates in Hamilton remain high but are lower than in some other areas of the state. If you want to save on your New Jersey car insurance, it’s important to shop around.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- New Jersey average annual car insurance cost: $1,595
- Hamilton average annual car insurance cost: $1,285
Remember, everyone’s car insurance rates are a little different, so your cost may be higher or lower than the average for your town. Insurance companies determine how much to charge you by evaluating the risks you present. If you have a riskier car (a sports car vs. a mini-van) or live in a neighborhood with a high crime rate, you can expect to pay more than others for the same coverage.
Several individual factors are assessed, including:
- The make, model, and year of the vehicle you are insuring
- Your age, marital status, and gender
- Your driving record, claims history, and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Auto theft rates in your city or ZIP code
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing and the deductibles you choose
- Whether you own or rent your home
Most insurance companies offer numerous discounts to help you keep costs down. Bundling your home insurance or renters insurance with your auto insurance is one way to earn a discount from most insurance companies. Contact an independent agent in Hamilton to obtain and compare customized quotes from multiple, highly rated insurance companies.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in New Jersey
Driving without insurance is against the law in New Jersey, yet many drivers continue to drive without coverage. New Jersey has a relatively high percentage of uninsured drivers, and purchasing uninsured motorist coverage is required by law in order to protect responsible drivers from those who fail to purchase insurance.
- How many US drivers are uninsured? 13%
- How many New Jersey drivers are uninsured? 14.9%
If you are in an accident that is caused by an uninsured driver, it may be difficult or impossible to collect what the other driver owes you for repairs and medical bills. Uninsured motorist insurance was created to ensure that you can receive compensation without the need to take the at-fault driver to court.
Number of Auto Thefts in New Jersey
Hamilton, New Jersey has a low auto theft rate. You are not very likely to have your car stolen if you live in Hamilton, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take precautions and have the right insurance coverage.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.28
- New Jersey auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.24
- Hamilton auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.22
If your car is stolen or vandalized, you need comprehensive coverage to reimburse you for your lost or damaged car. Comprehensive coverage also helps you pay if falling objects, floods, structure fires, or other hazards cause damage to your car. An independent agent in Hamilton can help you review the cost to include this coverage in your policy.
Why Contact an Independent Insurance Agent?
Vehicle owners in Hamilton can ask an independent insurance agent for help finding the best auto insurance. Independent agents can obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies, so you can choose a policy that best meets your coverage and budgetary needs.
Contact an agent near you to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.