Approximately 35,000 people live in the small city of Goldsboro. Home to the Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, this city offers its residents a small-town feel while the larger cities of Wilmington, Greenville, and Raleigh are just a short drive away. If you own a house in this vibrant North Carolina city, you can protect your investment with a solid homeowners insurance policy.
When you are shopping for insurance for your Goldsboro home, an independent insurance agent can shop around to help you find the best and most affordable coverage. Contact an insurance agent with an office near you to start comparing customized quotes.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Goldsboro, NC?
Here’s the good news. In North Carolina, the average cost of homeowners insurance is lower than the national rate. And in Goldsboro, overall rates are even lower. Comparison shopping lets you be sure you are getting your policy at a great price.
- National yearly premium average: $1,173
- North Carolina yearly premium average: $982
- Goldsboro/Statesville yearly premium average: $747
Of course, these are just averages. Your actual rates could be significantly higher or lower than $747. This is because insurance companies calculate rates according to several factors such as the age, size, and value of your home, the crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code, your claims history, and even your credit score.
In many cases, if you bundle your home insurance with other coverage like car insurance or life insurance, you can get all of your policies at discounted rates. An independent agent in Goldsboro can help you find a reliable home insurance policy at a highly competitive price.
Homeowners Insurance Covers against Property Damage in Goldsboro
Your homeowners insurance is designed to cover you against many of the hazards you are likely to face as a property owner in the city of Goldsboro.
- Number of declared disasters in North Carolina: 58
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Hurricanes and floods
- Average number of tornadoes per year in North Carolina: 29.1
- Average amount of property damage per year in NC: $1,379,438,000
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year.
Your homeowners property coverage is divided into two parts: dwelling insurance which covers the structure of your house, and contents insurance which covers your personal belongings. You will want to be sure that your coverage limits in each category are high enough to enable you to rebuild, repair, and replace following a catastrophic event.
Some Goldsboro residents, particularly those who live near the Neuse and Little Rivers, are also at risk for damages caused by flooding. This is especially true when hurricanes hit the Carolina coast. However, home insurance policies exclude coverage for flood damage. Fortunately, your insurance agent can also help you obtain affordable flood insurance through the NFIP.
Goldsboro Homeowners Need Liability Protection
In addition to property coverage, Goldsboro home insurance also provides policy holders with liability coverage. This is important because without coverage, liability lawsuits can be so financially devastating they could potentially cause you to lose your home.
Homeowners liability insurance absorbs the costs associated with most of the personal liability lawsuits you are likely to face as a homeowner. Examples of times your homeowners liability insurance may protect you include:
- If your dog gets loose and bites a neighbor.
- If a visitor to your home is severely injured in an accident and sues for medical costs.
- If your child damages a neighbor’s property while playing outdoors with friends.
- If you are accused of libel or slander because of something you posted on social media.
- If you accidentally injure someone while away from home, like if you're playing tennis in Herman Park.
If you want even higher liability limits than your homeowners insurance can provide, your local independent insurance agent can also help you secure a competitively priced umbrella insurance policy. Umbrella insurance is an affordable way to significantly increase all of your liability coverage.
Homeowners Insurance Covers against Burglary in Goldsboro
The burglary rate in North Carolina is higher than the national average, and in Goldsboro, the risk is even higher. There are approximately 400 burglaries reported in this small city every year. Fortunately, your home insurance can reimburse you for losses caused by property crimes.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in North Carolina: 7.10
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Goldsboro/Statesville: 8.83
There are a few preventive measures you can take to lower your risk of a robbery. These include leaving a radio and lights on when you are not home, using motion-sensitive outdoor lights, and ensuring that the doors and windows to your home have secure locks. Installing a home security system can often earn you discounts on your homeowners insurance.
If you are the victim of a burglary, first make sure that you and your family are safe, and then call the authorities. You will need a copy of the police report when you file a claim. Your local insurance agent can provide assistance throughout the claims process if needed.
Second Home and Vacation Home Insurance
Perhaps you own a second home that you rent out for extra income. Or maybe you own a vacation cabin in the mountains. Whatever its purpose, if you are insuring a property that is not your primary residence, there will be additional risk factors that insurance companies will take into consideration, and specialized insurance may be necessary. For example:
- Second homes that are occupied by tenants need to be covered by landlord insurance. This specialized coverage is specifically designed to meet the higher liability risks and unique coverage needs presented by rental properties.
- Vacation homes that are left unoccupied for long periods of time typically need to be covered by vacant home insurance when they are not in use. This is because empty uninhabited properties have a higher risk of property damage.
A local independent agent can identify the various coverage needs associated with all of your residential properties and can help you find appropriate and affordable policies to insure them.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Goldsboro, NC?
When you are looking for the best insurance for your Goldsboro home, a local independent agent can help. These agents make comparison shopping easy by doing the comparison shopping legwork for you.
Find an insurance agent near you to get trustworthy advice and help with all of your insurance coverage needs. You can be comparing customized homeowners insurance quotes in no time.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.