Home to the University of Oklahoma, Norman hosts a young and vibrant community. With a population of almost 107,000, it’s the biggest city in Cleveland County. In addition to residential drivers, there are many young out-of-town drivers because of the college. To keep yourself safe in case of an accident, a Norman car insurance policy is a good idea.
An independent insurance agent can assess the unique risks you face as a Norman driver. Click on this independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. Provide a few details about what your looking for, and get recommendations for the best agents for you.
What Is the Cost of Car Insurance in Norman, OK?
- Average annual rate: $2,741
- 3% more expensive than the state average
Before you shop, you should understand that the cost of car insurance is based on personal factors, such as where you live, the make and model of your car, your driving record, and how far you drive every day.
Norman car insurance may seem expensive. It’s a good idea to comparison shop, because you may find rates that better fit your budget. Independent agents will find possible discounts that may apply to you, such as:
- Safety discounts: If your insurance carrier believes that you are less likely to get into an accident, like if you have a good driving record, you may be eligible for this discount.
- Bundling discounts: If you buy multiple types of insurance through the same carrier, you may get a deal. This also works if you insure multiple cars on the same policy.
- Loyalty discounts: If you stay with an insurance company for a long time (depending on the carrier).
An independent insurance agent can help you. You’ll be able to review quotes from multiple insurance companies to be sure you are getting the best deal.
What Affects the Cost of Norman, OK, Car Insurance?
Monthly premiums will vary greatly. Living in Norman plays a role in the cost, but insurance companies also consider:
- Your age
- Where you live
- Your driving history
- The type of car you drive
Any car that is more likely to get into an accident or is more expensive to repair or replace will cost more to insure.
Norman, OK, Car Insurance Requirements
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death liability
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
Your Norman auto insurance policy pays for vehicle damage and medical bills if you are at fault. You may want to consider purchasing more than just the minimum liability coverage required by the state.
It’s important to note that Oklahoma is a “fault” state. If you are responsible for an accident, you become liable for any bills. So injuries, lost income, and vehicle damage caused in the accident are now at your expense.
Who Pays If the Accident Wasn’t My Fault?
The driver who caused the accident will be always take care of the bill. Unfortunately, 23.9% of drivers in Oklahoma don’t have car insurance. If you get in an accident with an uninsured driver, you may be on the hook for the damage.
Purchasing uninsured motorist coverage will put your mind at ease. It will cover the damage to your car, and medical bills, if you are hit by a driver without insurance.
Number of Auto Thefts in Norman
- National number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles in Norman: 2.96
Norman is right on par with the national average. Car theft happens everywhere, and thefts and break-ins can involve big financial burdens, like fixing a window or replacing stolen personal belongings. With a comprehensive policy, you’ll be covered.
Find Affordable Car Insurance in Norman,OK
No matter what kind of car you drive, you’ll find affordable Norman car insurance with an independent insurance agent. They’ll comparison shop with multiple insurers to find the best policy for you. Chat with an independent insurance agent to get started.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.