Oklahoma Homeowners Insurance

What You Need to Know About Oklahoma Homeowners Insurance

Find the right homeowners insurance policy for you.

Almost 60 percent of Oklahomans live in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa metropolitan areas. The other 40 percent are spread throughout smaller towns and rural areas. The state is prone to some types of severe weather, and that may be why the average yearly Oklahoma homeowners insurance premium is higher than the southern state or national average.

No matter where in the state you live, an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network in Oklahoma can help you make a good decision as you search for the right coverage for your needs. These independent local agents do not work for any specific insurer. They can compare plans and prices from multiple companies to make certain that you get the best possible deal from a top rated insurer.

  • National yearly premium average: $1,132
  • Oklahoma yearly premium average: $1,772
  • 4th most expensive premium in the US

Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.

Number of Catastrophes in Oklahoma and the US

  • National number of catastrophes: 19,033
  • Number of catastrophes in Oklahoma: 787
  • National number of tornadoes: 1,233
  • Number of tornadoes in Oklahoma: 111
  • National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
  • Property damage from weather in Oklahoma: $9,790,000

The number of catastrophes in Oklahoma surpasses the number for most states, and the number of tornadoes is extremely high.

In addition to tornadoes, catastrophes include fires, all types of storms and other natural disasters. In addition, some parts of the state may be more flood-prone than others.

No homeowner can prevent damage every time a storm hits. You may be able to weather those storms better with proper repairs and alarm systems.  Comprehensive Oklahoma homeowners insurance can help you pay for damage that is impossible to prevent.

An insurance agent will help you take steps that can reduce your risk and lower your premiums. Independent agents can recommend the right coverage for the part of the state where your house and property is located.

Number of Thefts in Oklahoma:

  • National average for burglaries: 37,814
  • Oklahoma number of burglaries: 33,348

A good home policy should include home contents insurance. In the case of a break-in or theft, be sure to cover your belongings as well as the structure of your house.

How to Compare Oklahoma Home Insurance Quotes

If you want to compare Oklahoma homeowners insurance premiums and coverage options, an independent Trusted Choice member agent can help comparison shop between multiple insurers for you.

After you purchase, your independent agent will be able to provide excellent customer service tailored to your needs. You’ll feel secure having professionalism and industry experience on your side.

Share this page on Twitter Share this page on Facebook Share this page on LinkedIn