The mid-sized town of Aberdeen, SD, has 28,257 residents. When you operate a business here, you'll need specific policies for proper protection. Commercial vehicle insurance can not only help insure your company autos, but it can also meet state requirements.
An independent insurance agent will have access to several carriers so that you get the best coverage for an affordable price. They do the shopping for you at no additional cost so that you have options. Connect with a local expert for tailored protection today.
Why Do Aberdeen, SD Businesses Need Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
Aberdeen, SD, has regulations on commercial auto coverage like most states. In addition to state requirements, the federal government will have mandates on insurance as well. According to their reports:
- South Dakota has 0.0020% fatal truck accidents per capita per year.
- Nationally, 173 fatal injuries are caused by heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers each year.
- There are 16 large trucks involved in fatal crashes in SD annually.
- The average number of commercial vehicles sold nationally each year is 10,486,622.
- South Dakota has 772,000 registered commercial trucks.
If your operation causes your drivers to leave state lines with loads, you'll have these responsibilities:
- Your commercial vehicle policy will need to meet South Dakota and federal laws.
- Materials hauled will need to be accounted for by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and your insurance carrier.
What Are the Commercial Vehicle Coverage Requirements in Aberdeen, SD?
In Aberdeen, SD, you are required by local law to carry specific minimum limits of liability on your commercial auto policy. Failure to meet these guidelines will result in penalties or worse. Check out the state's requirements below:
- $25,000 property damage liability per accident
- $50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $25,000 uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury liability per occurrence
How Much Does Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cost in Aberdeen, SD?
The commercial auto insurance industry is a $46.6 billion market. Your business insurance costs will fall somewhere in that number, and exact pricing can't be determined without a custom quote. Carriers look at personal data and outside elements when figuring each premium. Check out the risk factors that companies use to determine your Aberdeen, SD, pricing below:
- Year, make, and model of all vehicles
- The radius in which you travel
- The number of drivers and their driving records
- What the vehicles are used for
- The coverage you choose
- Where you store the vehicles
- What safety measures you have in place
- The time of day or night these vehicles are used
What Else Does Aberdeen, SD Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cover?
Your Aberdeen commercial auto policy will come standard with minimum limits of liability. Anything else will have to be added and tailored to your specific needs. Take a look at the optional coverage choices below:
- Towing and roadside assistance: This will pay for a tow to pick up your disabled commercial auto.
- Rental car insurance: This covers the cost of renting a commercial vehicle while your company-owned auto is being repaired.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: If your commercial auto is involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, this provides coverage for property damage and medical costs. This is a required coverage in South Dakota.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace your commercial vehicle if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision accident.
- Collision insurance: This will replace or repair your commercial auto that is damaged due to a collision.
- Non-owned or hired auto liability insurance: If an employee or contractor uses a non-company-owned vehicle while doing business on your behalf, this will cover your exposure.
Why Work with an Independent Agent in Aberdeen, SD?
If you're shopping for the best commercial vehicle policy that won't break the bank, consult with a professional. When you own a business, there are several policy options on the market. To avoid confusion and get the coverage that's right for you, consider using a trusted adviser.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with policy and premium choices that are affordable. Since they work on your behalf at no additional cost, you'll save big time. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.