Home to the Wild West, Cheyenne, WY, was once a rowdy town. This place holds true to its roots and celebrates these historic events every year.
If you drive the streets of Cheyenne, then you'll need an auto policy. A local independent insurance agent can find the right coverage to fit your budget. Connect with a local agent to start saving today.
The Cost of Car Insurance in Cheyenne, WY
Since there isn't a real way of knowing your car insurance premiums until you get a quote, let's look at how it's rated. Carriers use the following information when figuring costs:
- Location: Where you live
- Crime rates: The local crime rates will impact your premium
- Loss history: How many claims you have filed in the past
- Discounts: If you qualify for discounts on rate
- Credit score: The better your credit score, the lower your insurance premiums
- Coverage selection: The amount of coverage you select
- Motor Vehicle Records: How many violations you have had will affect your rate
Some of these rating factors can be improved upon, while others you won't have control over. The best way to find out your exact pricing is to have your Cheyenne independent agent run quotes. They can check out a variety of policies that couples with your auto insurance too. Some of these products will help decrease your rates. Speak with your local agent about auto, home, life, and umbrella insurance.
Car Insurance Requirements in Cheyenne, WY
Like most cities, Cheyenne has minimum limits of liability that are required to use their roadways. Let's look at the facts:
- Minimum requirements in Cheyenne, WY: $25,000 per person/ $50,000 per accident/ $20,000 property damage
Car liability explained:
- Bodily injury liability: This will pay for the other driver's medical expenses when you're at fault.
- Property damage liability: This will pay to replace or repair damaged property when you're at fault.
The city of Cheyenne has 63,624 residents, and a portion of them use the streets. Its usually a matter of when you get into a car accident, not if. Just like your homeowners insurance, you'll need to make sure coverage is sufficient and your liability limits are adequate. Discuss options with your agent to get covered.
Why Uninsured Motorists Coverage is Useful in Cheyenne, WY
Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM insurance will provide coverage when you get into an accident with a driver that doesn't have insurance. Let's look at the percentage of uninsured drivers:
- National average: 13%
- Wyoming average: 7.8%
Wyoming does not require drivers to carry UM/UIM insurance. However, just because you're not mandated to have coverage doesn't mean you don't need it. Life insurance is another essential policy to obtain but is also not required. Speak with your local independent agent to get the coverage you need for a fair price.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Theft Rates and Your Cheyenne, WY, Car Insurance
If your car gets broken into, you'll want comprehensive coverage to help pay for the damage. Theft in Cheyenne will impact your car insurance rates more or less. Let's look at the average theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 1595
- Wyoming average: 212.2
- Cheyenne average: 3,214
In Cheyenne, it looks like theft may be an issue. Local crime will increase your insurance costs because the chances of crime-related claims being filed are greater.
One way to offset a higher premium is to bundle your auto and home insurance. This will give you a multi-policy discount that can bring your pricing back down. Connect with your local agent to see how big of a discount you qualify for.
Optional Auto Coverages in Cheyenne, WY
Additional coverages can be included in your auto policy for a premium. When you're considering different protection on your car insurance, then you'll need to know the most common choices.
Optional auto policy coverages:
- Comprehensive coverage: This will replace or repair your car if damage occurs when struck by an object or animal.
- Collision coverage: This will replace or repair your vehicle when a collision occurs.
- Tow coverage: This will pay for the tow of a covered auto.
- Gap coverage: This will pay for the difference between the amount left on your auto loan and your car's value when a loss happens.
- Rental coverage: This will pay for a rental vehicle while your covered auto is in the shop or replaced.
What if You Deliver for Amazon in Cheyenne, WY?
Most consumers are purchasing items online and having them delivered straight to their door. Since you can buy anything from ATVs to coffee filters, being a delivery-for-hire driver can be a decent side hustle.
When you use your personal vehicle to deliver parcels, your car insurance carrier may have something to say about it. Companies usually exclude any business operations. Your livery-for-hire business would need a commercial auto policy to be adequately protected. A Cheyenne independent agent can help quote your business insurance, so you're in the clear.
Connect with a Cheyenne, WY, Independent Agent
If you are looking for options, an independent insurance agent has them. An agent is local to Cheyenne and works with several carriers so you can save on time and premium.
When you're not sure how to get started, go to TrustedChoice.com. They can connect you with an independent agent in seconds.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Candace Jenkins
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.