Arkansas is an incredibly diverse state. Major features include the Ozark Mountains, the dense forest in the Timberlands, and the lowlands of the Mississippi River. Since home owners in the state may live in any one of these areas, it is also difficult to generalize about Arkansas homeowners insurance.
No matter where you make your home, you can get help finding good Arkansas home insurance quotes from a member of the Trusted Choice® network of insurance agents. An agent will be happy to help you compare rates from multiple companies in order to find the best coverage at the best price for your budget. You can purchase affordable coverage and feel secure because your valuable house and property are well protected.
- National yearly premium average: $1,132
- Arkansas yearly premium average: $1,252
- 13th most expensive premium in the US.
The average yearly state premium is slightly more than the national average yearly premium. Of course, these averages won’t help you find your own premium cost accurately. You need to compare individual quotes to do that.
It might be more helpful to compare some typical policy claims in Arkansas with average claims in the entire country. This will help you understand your policy and discuss your own coverage needs with an agent.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Number of Catastrophes in Arkansas vs. the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Arkansas: 375
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Arkansas: 18
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Arkansas: $266,330,000
Arkansas experiences a number of catastrophic events, many of which are tornadoes. In addition, the threat of water damage to homes in Arkansas may make you think about purchasing flood insurance.
Of course, your own personal risk of common threats will depend upon your exact location, the condition of your home, and steps you took to secure your house and property.
- A good fire alarm system can reduce the risk of damage and injury.
- Listen to advice from local authorities when severe weather, fire, or floods occur.
- Keep your roof in good repair to reduce the risk of storm damage to your home.
Nobody can prevent all damage from storms, fires, or floods. A local Arkansas insurance agent should be able to help you reduce your risks and find good coverage for the things you cannot prevent.
Number of Thefts in Arkansas
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Arkansas number of burglaries: 30,485
The threat of home burglaries concerns most prudent homeowners. Good policies will cover your house and the keepsakes and valuables you have.
Compare Arkansas Home Insurance Quotes
Do you want to buy a new home policy, or do you just want to be sure your current policy is still adequate and reasonably priced? A local Trusted Choice agent can help you understand your current coverage, suggest alternative policies, and try to find you a better deal.
Many responsible home owners never bother to shop for insurance because they believe the task will be too difficult and time consuming. A good agent can do that work for you.