Atlanta contains the third-largest concentration of Fortune 500 companies in the United States and it is home to the headquarters of such companies as Coca-Cola and Home Depot. Small businesses are thriving in this city as well, and many budding entrepreneurs are opening new businesses within the metropolitan area and throughout Fulton County each year. No matter the size of the company you own, you may benefit from the purchase of an Atlanta, GA business insurance policy.
TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agents can help you determine your company’s unique business coverage needs. By using their relationships with several different insurance providers, these agents can easily help you review a variety of suitable policies. Talk with an independent agent to start comparing Atlanta commercial insurance quotes today.
- Retail trade: 476,000 jobs
- Healthcare and social assistance: 426,300 jobs
- Manufacturing: 397,900 jobs
- Accommodation and food services: 370,600 jobs
- Administrative support and waste management: 348,400 jobs
- Professional, scientific and technical services: 229,500 jobs
- Construction: 213,700 jobs
Small businesses are vital to Georgia’s economy. In fact, companies with fewer than 500 employees represented 97 percent of this state’s employers in 2008. Regardless of the industry, you operate in, you may benefit greatly from the protection that only an Atlanta business insurance policy can offer.
The Importance of Purchasing Business Insurance
Georgia requires all businesses that have employees to carry coverage for worker’s compensation and disability insurance. Businesses that use company-owned vehicles for delivery, transportation or construction will be required to carry commercial vehicle insurance. Lastly, business owners who have taken out business loans are often required by their lenders to carry a business insurance policy for the duration of their loan.
On the other hand, if your business is a sole-proprietorship and you do not have any employees, as is the case with 80.3 percent of all of Georgia’s small businesses, you are not required to carry any insurance at all. Regardless of whether or not it is required, it is a good idea to invest in the future of your business by protecting it with an Atlanta business insurance policy.
Fulton County’s Small-Business Owners
Do not be fooled into believing that because your company is set up as a corporation or an LLC that it is protected against liability-related financial losses. These corporate business structures are designed only as a means of protecting the business owner’s personal assets if liability charges should be levied against the company. Without the added protection of a commercial insurance policy, the business itself remains vulnerable.
- Small businesses owned in Georgia: 1,100,000
- People employed by small businesses in Georgia: 1,600,000
Fulton County Non-Farm Business Statistics
- Total amount in commercial insurance claims paid in Georgia: $14,298,049,000
As the largest city in Georgia, Atlanta is a major player in this state’s robust economy. As a business owner in this region, you can take pride in the contribution you are making. Keep your business profitable by protecting it with a business insurance policy.
What Does Atlanta Commercial Insurance Cover?
There are many different types of businesses, and they vary greatly in terms of size, industry, and inherent risks. Business insurance policies come with many policy options so that you can customize your policy to meet your business’s specific coverage needs. Your Atlanta business insurance policy may provide coverage for:
- General, professional or product liability issues: Depending on your industry, you may need just one or two of these liability coverage options. Larger and more diverse businesses may need all three.
- Instances of malpractice or negligence in provision: This is particularly important for businesses in the medical field or that provide services that can result in expensive losses if they are done improperly.
- Loss or damage caused by weather, fire, vandalism and theft: Companies that have invested in expensive equipment and materials or own the building in which they operate are most in need of this coverage.
- Lost income during an interruption caused by a covered event: If a covered disaster, such as a flood or fire, forces you to halt business operations while repairs are made, this coverage is designed to provide your business with an income sufficient to pay your monthly expenses and your staff.
Keep in mind that flood insurance is not included with most commercial insurance policies. This means that even if you have coverage for lost income, you will not qualify for compensation if your business is temporarily closed due to flood damage. A Trusted Choice agent can give you more information about flood insurance and help you secure a policy.
Find an Atlanta, Georgia Business Insurance Policy
Because there are so many different variables to consider with business insurance, comparison shopping can be time-consuming and frustrating. For this reason, you are likely to benefit from the assistance of a Trusted Choice agent. These agents can help you assess your business’s unique risks and coverage needs and can ensure that you are getting all the coverage that you need.
There are more than 22,000 member agencies and many of them can be found right here in Atlanta. It is easy to find an agent in your neighborhood and to set up an obligation-free meeting. You may be surprised by how much time and money these agents can save you. Talk with an independent agent to start comparing Atlanta commercial insurance quotes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.