Belleville has a population of 41,649 residents, and many of them have access to the streets daily. With 115 commercial truck fatalities every year in Illinois, adequate coverage is necessary. When you own a business in Belleville, you may need commercial vehicle insurance to be protected.
An independent insurance agent can help you find the best policy for a fair price. Since coverage is mandatory, it will have to comply with state and federal laws. Connect with a local adviser to get started.
How Much Does Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cost in Belleville, IL?
The net commercial auto insurance premiums earned last year were $12,764,999. Insurers use a variety of items to set your costs. Check out the risk factors that companies use to determine your commercial vehicle insurance pricing below:
- Year, make, and model of all vehicles
- The radius in which you travel
- The number of drivers and their driving records
- What the vehicles are used for
- The coverage you choose
- Where you store the vehicles
- What safety measures you have in place
- The time of day or night these vehicles are driven
Along with the above factors, your insurance rates are calculated by considering personal data and outside exposures. Things like local crime rates and insurance scores will play a part. To get exact pricing for your commercial auto policy, obtain multiple quotes.
What Are the Commercial Vehicle Coverage Requirements in Belleville, IL?
Each state has minimum liability insurance requirements as it pertains to your commercial auto policy. In Belleville, IL, you'll be required to meet local and federal guidelines per vehicle type. Check out the Illinois liability guidelines below:
Illinois minimum liability requirements for commercial vehicles:
- Bodily injury liability requirements: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability requirements: $20,000 per accident
- Uninsured motorist coverage requirements: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per accident
Illinois minimum liability requirements per seating capacity:
- 10-13 people seating capacity: bodily injury liability $1,000,000 / property damage liability $100,000
- 14-20 people seating capacity: bodily injury liability $1,500,000 / property damage liability $100,000
- 21-30 people seating capacity: bodily injury liability $2,000,000 / property damage liability $100,000
- 31+ people seating capacity: bodily injury liability $3,000,000 / property damage liability $100,000
Other for-hire passenger vehicles, including medical transport: bodily injury $250,000 / property damage $50,000 or $300,000 combined single limit (CSL)
Property carriers: $750,000 CSL
Tow truck operations: $500,000 CSL
Hazardous Substance carriers: $1,000,000 to $5,000,000 CSL depending on specifics
Find Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Else Does Belleville, IL Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cover?
Your Belleville commercial auto policy comes standard with liability insurance. If you need coverage for things like vehicles and more, you'll have to add it. Take a look at the optional coverage choices below:
- Collision insurance: This will replace or repair your commercial auto that is damaged due to an accident.
- Rental car insurance: This covers the cost of renting a commercial vehicle while your company-owned auto is being repaired.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: If your commercial auto is involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, this provides coverage for property damage and medical costs.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace your commercial vehicle if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision accident.
- Towing and roadside assistance: This will pay for a tow to pick up your disabled commercial auto.
- Non-owned or hired auto liability insurance: If an employee or contractor uses a non-company-owned vehicle while doing business on your behalf, this will cover your exposure.
Why Do Belleville, IL Businesses Need Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
The percentage of commercial fleet vehicles involved in an accident each year is at 20%. The Illinois Department of Transportation has statistics to help inform the public and prevent losses. Take a look at the numbers below:
- 32% of Illinois-based car accidents are speed-related.
- Roughly 772 car wrecks occur in Illinois each day.
- 84,172 people were injured in Illinois car accidents.
- 0.0009% of fatal accidents involve commercial trucks in Illinois.
When you're hauling materials across state lines in Belleville, IL, there are different requirements you'll need to meet:
- Your commercial vehicle policy will have to comply with both state and federal laws.
- If you haul materials, they will need to be documented with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and your insurance carrier for rating purposes.
Why Work with an Independent Agent in Belleville, IL?
When you're looking for commercial auto insurance in Belleville, IL, you might want a professional's opinion. Since coverage is state-mandated, it will need to comply with specific guidelines. Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help.
They work on your behalf at zero cost to your company, saving you money and time. An independent agent has access to several carriers so that you have options. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice to begin.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.