Indianapolis is well populated with many motorcycle enthusiasts who frequent the highways and byways of this historic city. Driving a motorcycle has its own unique risks. Knowing where to find the most suitable coverage to protect you, your bike or chopper, and the passengers you could be a challenge. Appropriate Indianapolis, IN motorcycle insurance is a must-buy for anyone on the road today.
When you talk with a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network, you’ll be working with an insurance professional who understands your needs as a motorcyclist. A member agent can provide you with Indianapolis motorcycle insurance quotes so you can find the most suitable coverage and can ride your motorcycle or street bike in total confidence. Find an agent today to get the process started.
- Always wear a DOT-approved motorcycle helmet
- Never drive a motorcycle if you have been drinking alcohol
- Wear protective clothing and preferably clothing which is brightly covered or has reflective material
- Always avoid tailgating and maintain a safe driving speed
- Use caution when driving on gravel or wet/slippery conditions
Types of Indiana Motorcycle Insurance Available
The law in Indiana requires that you at least be covered with liability insurance. Liability insurance covers any damage to property or injuries you cause to another person, up to the coverage limits on your policy.
Additional forms of Indianapolis motorcycle insurance include:
- Collision Coverage: Will pay for the repairs or replacement of your motorcycle regardless if you or another individual was responsible for the damage to your bike
- Comprehensive Coverage: Will cover you motorcycle for named perils other than collision, such as if your motorcycle is stolen or vandalized
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Coverage: Will cover you for medical expenses or funeral costs should you be injured or killed while driving your motorcycle
- Uninsured / Underinsured Coverage: Will cover you if you are injured or your bike is damaged by another individual who does not have insurance or has inadequate insurance coverage
- Accessories Coverage: Will cover you if you have upgraded or customized your motorcycle after you have purchased it
What Factors Affect the Cost of Motorcycle Insurance?
There are a number of variables which the insurance company will use to determine the cost of your premium. These variables include:
- Your age
- Your driving experience
- Where and how you store or park your motorcycle
- The make and model of your motorcycle, and the horsepower of the engine on your motorcycle
- How often you use your bike and the purpose for which you use it; recreational use is vastly different from racing a bike
- The amount of your deductible
- The types of coverage or policy you buy
- Any after-market customization you may have added to your motorcycle
Are There Discounts For Motorcycle Insurance?
Some of the ways you can reduce the cost of Indianapolis motorcycle insurance include:
- Bundling your motorcycle insurance with other policies, such as your auto or homeowner’s policy
- Buy coverage for summer months only, when you’ll be riding the motorcycle
- Pay your premium annually instead of monthly; this will reduce the administrative cost to the insurance company
- Get professional or military discounts, or through a partnership organization such as your trade union or an association
- Find a company which also offers safe driving discounts
Where Can I Find Affordable Motorcycle Insurance In Indianapolis?
The simplest way to find affordable Indianapolis motorcycle insurance is by touching base with an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network.
An independent agent can help you compare insurance coverage options available for motorcycles or street bikes, and can help you find the type of policy you need. You’ll be able to review several Indianapolis motorcycle insurance quotes in one place – taking the stress of shopping around out of your search. Phone one of these agents right now so you can locate a suitable and affordable policy to protect both you and beloved motorcycle right now. Find an agent today.