Manhattan Car Insurance
Do you need to find a better car insurance policy?
As the home of Kansas State University, Lawrence, KS has a distinct college town atmosphere. College-aged persons tend to have more car insurance claims than other age groups. Not too surprising, but did you know that you will wind up paying part of the bill?
While driving in Manhattan, accidents happen, so you will need a first-rate car insurance policy to cover against them. Whether you had a fender bender on W 19th Street or your car was stolen from Jayhawker Towers Apartments, either could cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars in accident-related financial losses.
Therefore, it is important to contact an independent insurance agent. You can search for the best car insurance policy to meet your coverage and financial needs. Find an independent insurance agent in Manhattan, KS to learn more.
What Affects the Price of Car Insurance in Manhattan, KS?
Car insurance rates can vary greatly from one person to another, because insurance companies have their own approach to determine risk and calculate rates. Following are some factors that the price of your car insurance quote may be based on:
- Your credit score and driving record
- The coverage options included in your policy
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- The make, model, and year of the vehicles being insured
- The amount of your deductible
- Information about other licensed drivers using your vehicle
- The amount of liability insurance being obtained
- Whether you own or rent your home
If you bundle your car insurance with renters or homeowners insurance, you may qualify for significant discounts on your car insurance. You may also be qualified for other discounts, such as if you have a safe driving record or make good grades in school.
Let an independent insurance agent help you compare rates and find the discounts for which you may qualify. They can help you find the car insurance coverage you need at the most economical price.
What Are the Car Insurance Coverage Options Available in Manhattan, KS?
Nearly all car insurance policies are designed with a mix of mandatory and voluntary car insurance coverage options. As a resident of Manhattan, KS, your car insurance policy must meet or exceed Kansas’s minimum car insurance coverage requirements. Kansas requires drivers to carry liability car insurance and uninsured motorist coverage.
If you are still paying for or leasing your car, your bank or dealer will almost certainly require you to carry comprehensive and collision insurance.
The minimum liability insurance requirements are as follows:
- $25,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $50,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $25,000 for damage to property.
Liability insurance compensates third parties for personal injury and/or property damage. You should definitely know that comprehensive and/or collision insurance does not meet Kansas’s vehicle financial responsibility requirements.
Following are several car insurance coverage options your local independent insurance agent may offer you:
- Collision insurance (Partially optional): This option covers repair or replacement of your car if it is damaged in an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance (Partially optional): This option covers repair or replacement of your car if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision event such as flooding, lightning, or car fire.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (Required): This option covers other non-covered damages and injuries you may undergo if in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
- Roadside assistance and towing (Optional): This option covers essential options if your car breaks down while out driving, like if all your engine coolant leaks out.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (Optional): This option covers the cost of renting an alternate car while your car is being repaired following a covered event.
Speak with an independent insurance agent for help in choosing your liability coverage options.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Manhattan, KS?
In the state of Kansas, if you fail to maintain liability car insurance and uninsured motorist coverage and you are caught, a police officer will cite you. Further, if you get into a car accident and are found liable, you will be legally responsible for any personal injuries and/or property damage expenses that occur.
When you go to court and they find that you did not have adequate insurance coverage on the date you were cited, it will be clear evidence of failure to provide proof of financial security. Following are the penalties for driving without insurance in Manhattan, KS:
- Uninsured operation of a motor vehicle:
- Guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.
- A fine of $300-$1,000; or
- Confinement in the county jail for a term of not more than six months; or
- A fine and confinement in the county jail
- A conviction within three years:
- Guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
- A fine of $800-$2,500.
- Other penalties for failure to maintain liability insurance:
- Suspension of the license of any driver involved in an accident.
- Revocation of all registration for vehicles owned by the driver involved in the accident.
What about the Auto Theft Rate in Kansas?
Though the risk of someone stealing your car is a tad higher in KS, you should remember that you can only be reimbursed for a car theft if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage. Following are the state and national auto theft rates for 2018:
- National auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.9
- KS auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 269.4
If you are leasing or still paying for your car, hopefully, you already have comprehensive coverage. If not, talk with your independent insurance agent to learn how much it will cost to add this non-accident related coverage to your car insurance policy.
Independent Insurance Agents in Manhattan, KS are There for You
When you need to find a great car insurance policy or you want to lower your premiums, an independent insurance agent can be tremendously handy when searching for the best car insurance policy to meet your coverage needs. They can explain your coverage options, answer insurance-related questions, and help you with reviewing offers from multiple insurance companies.
Contact a TrustedChoice independent insurance agent with an office in or near Manhattan, KS to start comparing personalized car insurance quotes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.