How much do you pay for car insurance in Olathe, KS? Are you looking to lower your car insurance premiums? If your answer is yes, you are most definitely in the right place.
Car accidents and other non-accident related incidents can happen almost anywhere, so you will need a first-class car insurance policy to cover against them. Whether your car broke down on North Parker Street, or you had a major accident on I-35, either could cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars in accident-related monetary losses.
Hiring an independent insurance agent allows you to search for the best car insurance policy to meet your coverage and financial needs. Find an independent insurance agent in Olathe, KS, to learn more today.
What Affects How Much You Pay for Car Insurance in Olathe, KS?
Car insurance rates can greatly differ from one person to another and occur because insurance firms have their own method of determining risk and calculating rates. Below are some of the factors that the price of your car insurance quote may be based upon:
- The make, model, and year of vehicles being insured
- Your credit score and driving record
- Information about other licensed drivers using your vehicle
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- The amount of your deductible
- The amount of liability insurance being obtained
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The coverage options included in your policy
There are other discounts that you may qualify for if you bundle your car insurance with renters or homeowners insurance. You may also qualify for other discounts, such as if you have a safe driving record or make good grades in school.
Let an independent insurance agent help you compare rates and find the discounts for which you may qualify. They can help you find the car insurance coverage you need at the most economical price.
What Options Are Available for Car Insurance in Olathe, KS?
Pretty much all car insurance policies are built with a combination of mandatory and voluntary car insurance coverage options. As a resident of Olathe, KS, your policy must meet or exceed Kansas’s minimum car insurance coverage requirements.
If you are still paying on your car, your bank will almost certainly require you to carry comprehensive and collision insurance. Likewise, if you are leasing your car, the dealer will definitely expect you to carry collision and comprehensive coverage.
The minimum liability insurance requirements are as follows:
- $25,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $50,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $25,000 for damage to property.
Liability insurance compensates third parties for personal injury and/or property damage during an auto accident. Please be aware that comprehensive and/or collision insurance does not meet Kansas’s vehicle financial responsibility requirements.
Following are several car insurance coverage options you might expect your local independent insurance agent to offer you:
- Collision insurance: (Partially optional) This option covers repairs or the replacement of your car if damaged in an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance: (Partially optional) This option covers repairs or the replacement of your car if lost or damaged due to a non-collision event such as flooding, lighting, or car fire.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: (Optional) This option covers other non-covered damage and injuries you may undergo if in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
- Roadside assistance and towing: (Optional) This option covers essential options if your car breaks down while out driving, like if your engine coolant leaks out.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: (Optional) This option covers the cost of renting an alternate car while your car is being repaired following a covered event.
Talk with your independent insurance agent for help in choosing your liability coverage options.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Olathe, KS?
In the state of Kansas, if you fail to maintain liability car insurance coverage, a police officer will cite you if caught. If you get into an accident and are found liable, you will be accountable for any personal injuries and/or property damage expenses that occur. When you go to court and they find that adequate insurance was not in effect on the date you were cited, it shall be apparent evidence of failure to provide proof of financial security.
Below are the penalties for driving without insurance in Olathe, KS:
- Uninsured operation of a motor vehicle:
- Guilty of a class B misdemeanor
- A fine of $300-$1,000, or
- Confinement in the county jail for a term of not more than six months, or
- A fine and confinement in the county jail
- A conviction within three years:
- Guilty of a class A misdemeanor
- A fine of $800-$2,500
- Other penalties for failure to maintain liability insurance:
- Suspension of license of any driver involved in an accident
- Revocation of all vehicles owned by the owners involved in the accident
What Is the Auto Theft Rate in Olathe, KS, and Why Does It Matter?
The total 2018 crime rate in Olathe, KS, was 147, which was 1.9 times smaller than the US average. Below are the national, state and city auto theft rates for 2018:
- National auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.9
- Kansas auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 229.6
- Olathe auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 122.9
Although the risk of your car being stolen in Olathe is much smaller than the national average, it could still happen to you. Also, remember that you can only be reimbursed for a car theft if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage. This optional coverage can also include a range of non-accident related damages such as floods or structure fires.
Hopefully, if you are paying for or leasing your car, you already have comprehensive coverage. If not, talk with your independent insurance agent to learn how much it will cost to add this non-accident related coverage to your car insurance policy.
An Independent Insurance Agent in Olathe, KS, Is Ready to Help You
When you are looking for a good car insurance policy, independent insurance agents can be extremely useful. These car insurance specialists can explain your coverage options, answer insurance-related questions, and help you review offers from multiple insurance companies.
Contact a TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agent with an office near Olathe, KS, to start comparing personalized car insurance quotes in moments.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.