In Aberdeen, MD, there are approximately 16,019 residents. If you're a homeowner, you'll need adequate protection for all that life throws at you. Home insurance can provide coverage for many types of losses.
An independent insurance agent can help with several carrier options. They have access to coverage and premiums to fit your budget. Contact a local expert in minutes.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover In Aberdeen, MD?
In Aberdeen, MD, your most significant asset is likely your home. Proper insurance is essential when covering your property. The majority of homeowners policies have the following coverages.
- Dwelling limit: Pays for the replacement or repair of your home itself when a covered claim occurs.
- Personal property: Pays for the replacement or repair of your personal belongings.
- Personal liability: Pays for bodily injury, property damage, and libel or slander claims against a household member.
- Additional living expenses: Pays for your temporary stay at another property when a claim renders your home unlivable.
- Medical payments: Pays for the first $1,000 - $10,000 of a medical expense when a third party gets injured on your property.
Perils your homeowners policy will cover
- Severe storms
- Theft and vandalism
Catastrophe/Common Disasters in the Area
In 2020, Maryland had approximately 836,597,000 home insurance claims. Catastrophes and natural disasters happen everywhere. The best way to be protected is by being proactive. Take a peek at the top exposures in Aberdeen, MD.
- Flooding and water damage
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Severe storms and lightning
- Burglary and other property crimes
Aberdeen's weather-related statistics
The number of natural disasters in Aberdeen: 17
Major presidentially declared disasters in Aberdeen: 12
Emergencies declared in Aberdeen: 5
Let's look at the top three causes in Aberdeen
Hurricanes: 7 declared as a disaster
Winter storms: 4 declared as a disaster
Snowstorms: 4 declared as a disaster
How flood insurance can help in Aberdeen, MD
If you're looking for comprehensive coverage out of your home policy, there is one item it won't insure. When you have property damage from a flood, your homeowners policy excludes coverage. For that, you'll need a separate flood insurance policy.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost In Aberdeen, MD?
The cost of home insurance in Aberdeen, MD, will vary depending on several factors. Carriers review your personal data and outside elements when figuring your pricing. Take a look at the items insurance companies use to determine your premiums.
- Where you live
- How many claims you've filed
- How new your house is
- How close you are to a fire department
- How close you are to a fire hydrant
- The materials of your home
- Your credit score
- If you have a pool, trampoline, or pet
- The square footage of your home
- How much it costs to replace your home
The average home insurance premium
- National average: $1,211
- Maryland average: $1,037
Risk factors you can improve
- Improving your credit score
- Filing fewer insurance claims
- Updating your roof, electrical, plumbing, or heating
Liability insurance has two options when it comes to your home. The right coverage can be found through multiple policies. Take a peek at the most common ways to obtain liability protection.
- Your homeowners policy
- Umbrella insurance
Your homeowners policy will be the first line of defense, followed by umbrella insurance. An umbrella will provide liability coverage once your underlying limits have been exhausted. This usually applies to more substantial claims.
If you're a homeowner in Aberdeen, burglary can occur. When you're a victim of a crime, your home policy will apply with coverage for theft, vandalism, and medical payments. Take a look at the burglaries per 100,000 households below.
- National average: 376.0
- Maryland average: 312.6
- Aberdeen average: 370.5
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
If you're searching for the perfect policy in Aberdeen, MD, a trusted adviser can help. Multiple coverages are necessary to protect your assets. Your homeowners insurance can be tricky if you're not a licensed professional.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent has access to several markets so that you can find the best coverage in town. They work on your behalf at no cost to you. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.