Cumberland Homeowners Insurance
Where to find a local expert in minutes
When you own a property, adequate protection is necessary to avoid financial ruin. Cumberland, MD, has roughly 19,284 locals that live here. Homeowners insurance can help you cover your largest investment.
An independent insurance agent will have access to multiple carriers so that you have options on policy and premium. Since they do the shopping for you at zero cost, you'll save. Connect with a local expert to review your coverage for free.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover In Cumberland, MD?
Your Cumberland, MD, homeowners policy can be used for a variety of claims. There are standard coverages every home policy will carry automatically. The majority of homeowners policies have the following items of protection.
- Dwelling limit: Pays for the replacement or repair of your home itself when a covered claim occurs.
- Personal property: Pays for the replacement or repair of your personal belongings.
- Personal liability: Pays for bodily injury, property damage, and libel or slander claims against a household member.
- Additional living expenses: Pays for your temporary stay at another property when a claim renders your home unlivable.
- Medical payments: Pays for the first $1,000 - $10,000 of a medical expense when a third party gets injured on your property.
Perils your homeowners policy will cover
- Severe storms
- Theft and vandalism
Catastrophe/Common Disasters In the Area
In 2020, Maryland had approximately 836,597,000 homeowners insurance claims. The right policy can protect your home from some of the major disasters in the area. Take a peek at the top exposures in Cumberland, MD.
- Flooding and water damage
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Severe storms and lightning
- Burglary and other property crimes
Cumberland's weather-related statistics
The number of natural disasters in Cumberland: 15
Major presidentially declared disasters in Cumberland: 10
Emergencies declared in Cumberland: 5
Let's look at the top three causes in Cumberland
Hurricanes: 6 declared as a disaster
Snowstorms: 3 declared as a disaster
Winter storms: 3 declared as a disaster
How flood insurance can help in Cumberland, MD
Did you know that your Cumberland, MD, homeowners policy excludes flood coverage? When you're looking for protection from water damage caused by a flood, you'll need a separate policy. Flood insurance is necessary and can be quoted through your local adviser.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost In Cumberland, MD?
The cost of your insurance policies will be different from everyone else's. Carriers look at your personal data and outside factors when figuring your pricing. Take a look at the items insurance companies use to determine your homeowners policy premiums.
- Where you live
- How many claims you've filed
- How new your house is
- How close you are to a fire department
- How close you are to a fire hydrant
- The materials of your home
- Your credit score
- If you have a pool, trampoline, or pet
- The square footage of your home
- How much it costs to replace your home
The average home insurance premium
- National average: $1,211
- Maryland average: $1,037
Risk factors you can improve
- Improving your credit score
- Filing fewer insurance claims
- Updating your roof, electrical, plumbing, or heating
The best way to protect your largest asset is with proper coverage. Your homeowners insurance can insure many losses, but another policy is necessary to have sufficient coverage. Take a peek at the most common ways to obtain liability protection.
- Your homeowners policy
- Umbrella insurance
When your primary home policy limits are exhausted due to a larger claim, another coverage can help. Umbrella insurance will pick up where your underlying limits left off. It will provide additional liability coverage for a more substantial loss.
In Cumberland, MD, carriers look at the local crime rate to set pricing. The higher the threat level, the more your premiums will be for your home policy. Theft and vandalism are a covered loss on your homeowners insurance. Take a look at the burglaries per 100,000 households below.
- National average: 376.00
- Maryland average: 312.60
- Cumberland average: 1,118.00
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
The right policy can be hard to find if you don't know where to start. Fortunately, a trained professional can help you get the best coverage on the market. Homeowners insurance needs to be accurate the first time if you want to avoid financial ruin.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent has access to multiple carriers so that you have a policy that fits your needs and your budget. They will do the shopping for you at no cost, saving you time and premium dollars. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com to get started today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.