Havre de Grace Homeowners Insurance
Where to connect with a trusted adviser
In Havre de Grace, MD, there is a local population of roughly 14,018 residents. If you own a home in this small town, the right coverage is necessary to avoid financial ruin. Homeowners insurance can cover many losses and should be reviewed for accuracy.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with coverage and premium options. They work with several markets so that you have your pick of policy. Connect with a trusted expert for custom quotes.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Havre de Grace, MD?
In Havre de Grace, MD, the right coverage is needed to protect your personal assets. Your home is likely your biggest investment and should be insured correctly. The majority of homeowners policies have the following coverages.
- Dwelling limit: Pays for the replacement or repair of your home itself when a covered claim occurs.
- Personal property: Pays for the replacement or repair of your personal belongings.
- Personal liability: Pays for bodily injury, property damage, and libel or slander claims against a household member.
- Additional living expenses: Pays for your temporary stay at another property when a claim renders your home unlivable.
- Medical payments: Pays for the first $1,000 - $10,000 of a medical expense when a third party gets injured on your property.
Here are a few examples of common risks faced by homeowners in Havre de Grace that your homeowners policy will cover.
- Severe storms
- Theft and vandalism
Catastrophe/Common Disasters in the Area
In 2020, Maryland had approximately 836,597,000 home insurance claims. To adequately insure your property, you'll want to account for every catastrophe common to the area. Take a peek at the top exposures in Havre de Grace, MD.
- Flooding and water damage
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Severe storms and lightning
- Burglary and other property crimes
Homeowners in Havre de Grace should also be aware for some of the most recent weather-related statistics concerning natural disasters in the area.
- The number of natural disasters in Havre de Grace: 17
- Major presidentially declared disasters in Havre de Grace: 12
- Emergencies declared in Havre de Grace: 5
These weather-related disasters can be attributed to the top three causes in Havre de Grace.
- Hurricanes: 7 declared as a disaster
- Winter storms: 4 declared as a disaster
- Snowstorms: 4 declared as a disaster
How Flood Insurance Can Help in Havre de Grace, MD
Are you aware that your homeowners insurance policy excludes coverage for a flood? That means when you have a flood at your home, you'll be on the hook for the damage without proper protection. Fortunately, FEMA-approved flood insurance can be purchased through a licensed adviser.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost In Havre de Grace, MD?
The price of homeowners insurance will vary from person to person. This is because your coverage is unique and specific to you. Take a look at the items insurance companies use to determine your Havre de Grace premiums.
- Where you live
- How many claims you've filed
- How new your house is
- How close you are to a fire department
- How close you are to a fire hydrant
- The materials of your home
- Your credit score
- If you have a pool, trampoline, or pet
- The square footage of your home
- How much it costs to replace your home
The national average for homeowners insurance premiums is slightly higher than what homeowners in Havre de Grace pay. Here's how Maryland compares.
- National average: $1,211
- Maryland average: $1,037
There are some ways in which homeowners can improve their rates by lowering certain risk factors. Here are some examples of what you can do.
- Improve your credit score
- File fewer insurance claims
- Update your roof, electrical, plumbing, or heating
Common Liabilities for Homeowners In Havre de Grace
When you're shopping for home insurance, your liability limits are one of the essential coverages. There are two different ways you can obtain liability insurance for your home in Havre de Grace, MD. Take a peek at the most common ways to get liability protection.
- Your homeowners policy
- Umbrella insurance
First, your home policy liability limits will apply when a claim occurs. If your underlying coverage is exhausted due to a larger loss, your umbrella policy will handle the rest. Umbrella insurance is typically one of the cheapest policies you can purchase.
Property Crime Statistics for Homeowners In Havre de Grace
Local crime will play a role in how much your coverage will cost you. Every city and state will have property crime that occurs regularly. By being proactive, you can avoid any out-of-pocket expenses. Your primary homeowners policy will have coverage for theft and vandalism if you become a victim of a crime. Take a look at the burglaries per 100,000 households below.
- National average: 376.0
- Maryland average: 312.6
- Havre de Grace average: 136.8
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
Your personal assets and household members will need coverage in the event of a loss or lawsuit. In Havre de Grace, MD, your homeowners policy is essential for adequate insurance. Fortunately, a trusted adviser can help review your policies for free.
An independent insurance agent has access to multiple carriers so that you have options. They do the shopping for you and can find coverage for an affordable price. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com to get started in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.