From the many shops, restaurants, and offices that line Front Street to small businesses that are run out of people’s homes, every company in Scituate adds value to the local economy. If you own a company in this seacoast town, you can protect it with a suitable business insurance policy package.
Local independent agents make it easy to find the best and most affordable coverage for your business. These agents can help you identify the risks your company faces and can help you find competitively priced policies to cover against each of them. Learn more by talking to an insurance agent near you.
How Much Does Business Insurance Cost in Scituate, MA?
Business insurance costs can vary significantly from one company to the next. While people who run small businesses out of their homes may only pay a few hundred dollars a year for full coverage, large companies with several employees may pay several thousands of dollars.
Insurance companies base their business insurance rates on the following factors.
- The type of business you own
- The size of your company and its expected annual revenues
- The number of workers you employ
- The value of your company’s assets
- Whether your company owns and operates motor vehicles
- Your company’s liability risks
- The crime rate and weather risks where your business is located
- The policies and options you are including with your coverage
The only way to find out how much business insurance will cost for your company is by requesting a customized quotes from a few competing providers. At your request, an independent agent can do this for you.
Why Do Businesses in Scituate Need Liability Insurance?
No business is too small to face a liability lawsuit. Even if the courts end up ruling in your favor, the associated costs can be pretty high once you have paid a lawyer to assist with your company’s defense.
Business liability insurance is designed to absorb expenses like court costs, legal defense fees, mediation costs, settlements, and judgements if your business is sued for a covered event.
Some of the many commercial liability products that are available for you to consider include the following policies.
- Premises liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries and property damage caused by accidents on your business premises.
- Product liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries, illnesses, or property damage caused by a product your company produces or sells.
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This covers your company’s financial obligations to injured parties if one of your employees causes a collision while driving a company-owned vehicle.
- Cyber liability insurance: This covers your company’s financial obligations to affected individuals if hackers break into its computer system and access sensitive data like financial and personal information.
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI): This covers against accusations of illegal employment practices such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
- Errors and omissions insurance: This covers individuals in professional positions if negligence, errors in judgement, or other professional mistakes cause their clients to incur financial losses or other harm.
You will want to be certain that your business insurance policy package includes the right commercial liability products to cover against each of your business’s liability exposures.
What Are the Property Damage Risks in Scituate, MA?
Businesses in Scituate are most likely to experience property loss or damage due to the following hazards.
- Property crimes, such as shoplifting and vandalism
- Accidental fires and explosions
- Severe storms including electrical storms, windstorms, and microbursts
- Ice accumulation
Fortunately, commercial property insurance, which is a standard part of every business insurance policy, can cover your business against each of these hazards.
You may need to supplement your commercial property insurance with additional policies for your business assets to be fully covered. Here are some of additional policies that may benefit your company.
- Flood insurance: This is important because flood damage is not covered by commercial property insurance. Business owners can obtain an affordable commercial flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Inland marine insurance: This can cover your company’s portable property when it is being transported over land or is being kept at a location other than your place of business.
- Equipment breakdown insurance: This can cover the cost to repair or replace your company’s well-maintained essential machinery and equipment if it breaks down or malfunctions. It can also cover revenue losses related to the breakdown.
- Bailee’s insurance: This can cover your customers’ valuable property whenever it is in your business’s custody, care, or control, such as if you are providing repair, maintenance, or alteration services on it.
No matter the types of property insurance you are purchasing for your business, you will want to be sure that your coverage limits are high enough to enable you to fully repair or replace your covered property in the wake of a catastrophe.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Can Business Interruption Insurance Help Companies in Scituate?
Major disasters like windstorms and structure fires can necessitate businesses to temporarily close down for repairs. When businesses are unable to generate revenue for an extended time, the financial losses can be overwhelming.
Business interruption insurance protects against this risk by providing a continuation of income if your business is forced into temporary closure because of damage caused by a covered event.
Through this insurance, your business will have the funds necessary to continue paying regular expenses like rent, bills, loan installments, and employee salaries until it can resume normal operations.
Do Businesses in Scituate Need to Have Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
With very few exceptions, all employers in Scituate are required by Massachusetts state law to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
This insurance is designed to cover your employees’ medical treatments and lost wages if they are injured on the job or if they develop an occupational illness due to exposure to toxins at the workplace. It can also provide death benefits to surviving family members if a work injury proves fatal.
Costs for coverage are based primarily on how many employees you have and the types of jobs they do. The more hazardous the job, the more it will cost to cover the employee.
Are You Looking for Insurance Products for Your Employee Benefits Package?
Offering your workers perks like subsidized health insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, retirement plans, and other benefits can make it easier for your company to recruit and retain a talented pool of employees. This has been proven in many studies conducted by human resource professionals.
If you are interested in purchasing health and life insurance policies for your employees, you will discover you have a lot of choices, particularly when it comes to health insurance.
Health insurance plans can be HMO’s, PPO’s, or managed care plans, and can come with a variety of copays, deductibles, networks, and prescription plans. You will need to consider the cost of each option for both your employees and your business.
You may therefore want to consult an insurance professional before making any decisions. That way, you will be best equipped to chose a plan that is good for your employees while still being affordable for your business.
Why Work with a Local Independent Insurance Agent?
Insurance companies make it possible for business owners to fully customize their commercial insurance coverage by offering a wide range of policies and options. However, having so many products and options to choose from can make building a comprehensive policy package difficult.
Independent insurance agents can simplify the process. These agents can review your company’s risks and exposures and can recommend the best and most affordable products to cover against each of them. Arrange an obligation-free consultation with an insurance agent near you to get started.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.