Mississippi Chiropractors Liability Insurance
Local independent agents are available to help you find the best and most affordable coverage.
According to the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS), there are currently about 120 chiropractors practicing in Mississippi. If you are among them, you can benefit from the protections offered by chiropractor liability insurance.
Local independent insurance agents are available to help you find a suitable policy at the most competitive price. Talk to an insurance agent near you to get more information about chiropractor malpractice insurance.
What Is Chiropractor Malpractice Insurance?
Chiropractor malpractice insurance is a type of professional liability insurance that is specifically designed to cover licensed chiropractors against the various costs related to potential liability lawsuits.
It can provide coverage if a patient or a patient’s family sues your practice because of a death, injury, or health problem that can be attributed to negligent chiropractic treatment at your facility.
Are Chiropractors in Mississippi Required to Carry Malpractice Insurance?
The Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards does not require chiropractors in Mississippi to carry malpractice insurance in order to be licensed to practice.
However, the Mississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners requires chiropractors who want to participate in a program as an instructor (preceptor) to have current, valid, malpractice insurance that includes the intern in its coverage.
Whether or not this insurance is required, many chiropractors in Mississippi find it beneficial to carry a policy.
How Much Do Chiropractors Pay for Malpractice Insurance in Mississippi?
Lawsuits against chiropractors do not happen frequently. This is because the risk of chiropractic treatments resulting in severe injuries or death is very low. Therefore, the cost for chiropractors liability insurance is much less expensive than most medical malpractice policies.
Some of the factors that can influence how much as policy will cost you include the following.
- The average number of patients you treat per month
- Your years in practice and your claims history
- Whether you are including assistants or interns in your policy
- Your policy’s coverage limits
The only way to find out how much a malpractice policy will cost you is by contacting a few insurance companies and requesting customized quotes. Or alternatively, you can ask an independent insurance agent to do this for you.
Save on Malpractice Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Does Mississippi Chiropractor Liability Insurance Cover?
If you or your practice end up on the wrong end of a liability lawsuit, your chiropractors malpractice insurance can cover the following related expenses.
- Legal defense fees
- Court costs
- Arbitration costs
- Punitive or compensatory damages
- Other related financial damages
Lawsuits against chiropractors do not occur frequently, but they do happen. Here are the most common reasons for malpractice lawsuits against chiropractors.
- Physical injuries caused by negligence: Patients may claim that the chiropractic treatments you performed aggravated a previous injury or caused a new one.
- Stroke caused by a chiropractic adjustment: Though there is a lot of controversy about whether chiropractic adjustments to the neck can lead to the sudden onset of a stroke, if a patient suffers a stroke shortly after visiting your practice, you may need to defend yourself in court.
- Failure to properly diagnose a medical condition: If you fail to properly diagnose a serious medical problem or if you provide a misdiagnosis that causes a patient to experience serious medical problems, you may be sued for negligence.
Chiropractor liability insurance can help you rest assured that you will not experience large financial losses if you are named in a liability lawsuit.
What Does Mississippi Chiropractor Liability Insurance Not Cover?
As with any insurance product, chiropractor malpractice insurance has some exclusions. Claims are likely to be denied if the courts find you guilty of the following.
- Engaging in illegal and/or criminal acts that resulted in patient injuries
- Causing patients physical and/or emotional distress through acts of sexual misconduct
- Altering medical records to cover up evidence of professional negligence
Your claim may also be denied if your insurance company discovers that you intentionally provided false or misleading information when you applied for your coverage.
The easiest way to avoid having a claim denied is to run a legitimate practice that acts within the confines of the law.
How to Get the Best Malpractice Insurance for Chiropractors in Mississippi
If you are a chiropractor who is looking for the best and most affordable malpractice coverage, an independent insurance agent can help. These local agents are free to work with several different insurance providers so they can shop around to find you a suitable policy at a competitive price.
There is no cost to get advice from an independent agent. There are more than 200 independent insurance agents in Mississippi. Arrange a one-on-one consultation with an insurance agent near you to start comparing customized quotes for chiropractic malpractice insurance.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.