With interstate 44, and three other major US highways, Lawton roads are filled with residents and out-of-town drivers. Whether you’re driving to enjoy the lakes, museums, or festivals, it is important to make sure you get there safely with a Lawton car insurance policy.
An independent insurance agent can help find you the best policy. They’ll comparison shop for you, so you get an affordable price. Chat with a member to get started.
Why Should You Consider Auto Liability Insurance in Lawton, OK?
If you get in an accident, your liability insurance will cover the costs that occur because of the accident. Things like property damage and bodily injuries that happen will be covered with your insurance policy. It is important to note that in Lawton, you are required to have:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death liability
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
Do You Need Additional Coverage for Your Policy in Lawton, OK?
It may be a good idea. Once your insurance has maxed out, it becomes your responsibility to pay the rest. Purchasing additional coverage will protect you against any financial hardships, and an independent insurance agent can help you decide which is best. Additional coverage options include:
- Comprehensive insurance: When strong winds throw debris at your car, comprehensive insurance will pay for the damage.
- Roadside assistance: If you need a tow or you run out of gas, this insurance has got you covered.
- Medical payments coverage: If you, or your family members, are driving your insured vehicle and get into an accident, this policy will help pay for costs associated with the injuries.
- Ride-hailing insurance: If you drive for a ridesharing company, this extra coverage will help fill in gaps. Whether you are en route, or waiting for the passenger, this will protect you.
Number of Auto Thefts
- National average per 1,000: 2.29
- Lawton average per 1,000: 3.36
You have a 1 in 27 chance of being a victim of a property crime, such as auto theft.
No matter what neighborhood you live in, or where you park your car, a comprehensive car insurance policy will help you replace a stolen vehicle or personal property. You’ll get assistance and payment quickly, so you can get back to your life.
How Can You Protect Yourself against Uninsured Motorist in Lawton, OK?
- National average of uninsured motorist: 13%
- Oklahoma average of uninsured motorist: 23.9%
Oklahoma has one of the highest rates in the nation of uninsured motorists. Lawton brings in thousands of tourists every year, so distracted, uninsured drivers can make a sticky situation. If you get in a collision with a driver who isn’t covered, it may take a long time to receive any payments.
Purchasing an uninsured motorist coverage will protect you against poor-judgement drivers. This also protects you against hit-and-run drivers.
How Much Is Your Lawton, OK, Car Insurance Going to Cost?
Well, this will depend on you. Insurance companies are going to look at specific characteristics like:
- Credit score: Individuals with low credit scores more often file a claim because they might not have the funds to repair the car themselves.
- Gender: Male drivers usually have a higher rate than females.
- Age: Younger drivers tend to pay more than older drivers.
- Driving record: If your record has a lot of speeding tickets or car accidents over the last few years, expect to have a higher rate.
- Location: Where you live and park your car will factor into the rate.
Its always a good idea to comparison shop to find the most affordable rate. An independent insurance agent will do this step for you. They work with numerous insurance companies and will show you multiple policy options.
How to Find Car Insurance in Lawton, OK?
No matter what kind of car you drive, or your driving record, you’ll find affordable car insurance. Independent insurance agents in Lawton will assess the risks you face so you can find the right policy for you. Chat with an agent to get started.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.