Easton Homeowners Insurance
How to connect with a local adviser
In Easton, MD, there are roughly 16,671 residents who call this place home. If you own a property here, you'll want adequate protection for a loss. Homeowners insurance can be obtained through a trusted adviser.
An independent insurance agent has access to several carriers so that you'll have options. They do the shopping for you at no cost, saving you time and money. Connect with a local expert for competitive quotes.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Easton, MD?
When you live in Easton, MD, homeowners insurance is essential to avoid a significant financial loss. Each policy will come with standard limits of protection. The majority of homeowners policies have the following coverages.
- Dwelling limit: Pays for the replacement or repair of your home itself when a covered claim occurs.
- Personal property: Pays for the replacement or repair of your personal belongings.
- Personal liability: Pays for bodily injury, property damage, and libel or slander claims against a household member.
- Additional living expenses: Pays for your temporary stay at another property when a claim renders your home unlivable.
- Medical payments: Pays for the first $1,000 - $10,000 of a medical expense when a third party gets injured on your property.
Here are a few common examples of weather-related risks that homeowners in Easton should be aware of. Note that each of these items is fully covered under your homeowners policy.
- Severe storms
- Theft and vandalism
Catastrophe/Common Disasters in the Area
In 2020, Maryland had approximately 836,597,000 home insurance claims. Your best bet at not paying out of pocket is to be proactive with insurance. Take a peek at the top exposures in Easton, MD.
- Flooding and water damage
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Severe storms and lightning
- Burglary and other property crimes
For a clear insight on how common some of Easton's weather related statistics, take a look at some of the listed items below. These losses will typically be covered under your primary homeowners policy.
- The number of natural disasters in Easton: 17
- Major presidentially declared disasters in Easton: 12
- Emergencies declared in Easton: 5
In Easton, there are common occurrences that happen most often. You'll want adequate protection for all that could go wrong when you own a home here. Take a look at the top three natural disasters in Easton.
- Hurricanes: 7 declared as a disaster
- Winter storms: 5 declared as a disaster
- Snowstorms: 3 declared as a disaster
How Flood Insurance Can Help in Easton, MD
Are you aware that your homeowners insurance policy will exclude coverage for a flood? That means if you have a flood loss, you'll have to pay for it on your own. Fortunately, you can obtain a separate flood insurance policy through your agent.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost In Easton, MD?
Your personal insurance costs will vary depending on your carrier and your unique data. Homeowners insurance is no different and should be quoted for exact pricing. Take a look at the items insurance companies use to determine your premiums.
- Where you live
- How many claims you've filed
- How new your house is
- How close you are to a fire department
- How close you are to a fire hydrant
- The materials of your home
- Your credit score
- If you have a pool, trampoline, or pet
- The square footage of your home
- How much it costs to replace your home
The average homeowners insurance premiums can help you see where your coverage might fall on the list. Keep in mind costs vary from person to person and an average is really just an estimate. Your pricing could fall somewhere near the national or state figures below.
- National average: $1,211
- Maryland average: $1,037
There are certain items you can work on to obtain lower rates in Easton. Your homeowners insurance isn't always final if you are willing to make some changes.
- Improving your credit score
- Filing fewer insurance claims
- Updating your roof, electrical, plumbing, or heating
Common Liabilities in Easton, MD
If you want to protect your largest asset in Easton, MD, you'll need to start with the right policy. When it comes to liability insurance, there are two options for coverage. Take a peek at the most common ways to obtain liability protection.
- Your homeowners policy
- Umbrella insurance
Your primary homeowners policy will have a limit of liability that applies first. When you have a more substantial claim, umbrella insurance will kick in for the rest. Both are necessary to have adequate coverage.
Property Crimes in Easton, MD
In Easton, MD, crimes occur every day, just like any other city and state. When you own a home, burglary is always a loss that could happen. Your primary homeowners policy will include coverage for theft and vandalism in most cases. Take a look at the burglaries per 100,000 households below.
- National average: 376.00
- Maryland average: 312.60
- Easton average: 175.50
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance in Easton, Maryland
When you're searching for the right coverage for your biggest asset, consider using a professional. There are many things you'll need to account for when it comes to your limits of protection. Homeowners insurance can help.
An independent insurance agent will have access to multiple markets so that you get the best policy within your budget. They will do the shopping on your behalf at no additional cost, giving you time and premium savings. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com for custom quotes today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.