How much do you pay for car insurance in Apple Valley, MN? Are you looking to find lower insurance premiums? If so, you are in the right place. Car accidents happen, so you will need a great car insurance policy to cover against them. Perhaps your car broke down on Johnny Cake Ridge Road, or you had a major accident on I-35 E, either could cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars in accident-related monetary losses.
When you hire an independent insurance agent, you can search for the best car insurance policies to meet your coverage and financial needs. Find an independent insurance agent in Apple Valley, MN, to learn more today.
Why Do Apple Valley, MN, Car Insurance Rates Differ?
Insurance companies have their own methods of determining risk and calculating rates, which may cause car insurance rates to be very different from one policyholder to another. The following are some factors on which the rate of your car insurance quote may be based upon:
- Your credit score and driving record
- The amount of your deductible
- The make, model, and year of vehicles being insured
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Information about other licensed drivers using your vehicle
- The amount of liability insurance being obtained
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The coverage options included in your policy
There is a good chance that you will qualify for significant discounts on your car insurance if you bundle it with renters or homeowners insurance. There are also other discounts you may qualify for, such as if you have a safe driving record or make good grades in school.
Contact an independent insurance agent to help you in comparing rates and finding the discounts for which you qualify. They can help you to find the car insurance coverage you need at the most affordable price.
What Car Insurance Coverage Options are Available in Apple Valley, MN?
Pretty much all car insurance policies are the result of a combination of mandatory and voluntary car insurance coverage options. As a resident of Apple Valley, NM, your policy must meet or exceed Minnesota’s minimum car insurance coverage requirements. Minnesota requires all drivers to carry liability car insurance and uninsured motorist coverage.
If you are still paying on or leasing your car, your dealer and/or banker will most certainly require you to carry comprehensive and collision insurance.
The Minnesota minimum liability insurance requirements are as follows:
- $30,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $60,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $10,000 for damages to property.
Car liability insurance compensates third parties for personal injury and/or property damage. Be sure to understand that comprehensive and/or collision insurance does not meet Minnesota’s vehicle financial responsibility requirements.
Following are several car insurance coverage options you might expect that your local independent insurance agent may offer you:
- Collision insurance (Partially optional): This option covers repairs or the replacement of your car if damaged in an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance (Partially optional): This option covers repairs or the replacement of your car if lost or damaged due to a non-collision event such as flooding, lighting, or car fire.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (Required): This option covers other non-covered damages and injuries you may undergo if in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
- Roadside assistance and towing (Optional): This option covers essential options if your car breaks down while out driving, like if all your engine coolant leaks out.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (Optional): This option covers the cost of renting an alternate car while your car is being repaired following a covered event.
Speak with an independent insurance agent for help in selecting your car liability coverage options.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Apple Valley, MN?
In the state of Minnesota, if you neglect to maintain liability car insurance and uninsured motorist coverage a peace officer will cite you if you are caught. If you get into an accident and are found to be at fault, you will be responsible for the expenses of any personal injuries and/or property damage that occurs. When you go to court and they find that sufficient insurance was not in effect on the date you were cited, you shall be charged with a misdemeanor.
When operating a car, every driver must be able to produce current proof of insurance if pulled over by a peace officer. Following are the penalties for driving without insurance in Apple Valley, MN:
- The driver is guilty of a misdemeanor if they do not produce the required proof of insurance upon the demand of a peace officer.
- A driver is guilty of a gross misdemeanor if they repeat the violation within ten years of the first of two prior convictions.
- The court may impose consecutive sentences for violations arising out of a single course of conduct.
- In addition to any sentence of imprisonment that the court may impose, the court shall impose a fine of not less than $200 nor more than the maximum fine applicable to misdemeanors upon conviction.
- The court may allow community service in lieu of any fine imposed if the defendant is impoverished.
- In addition to criminal penalties, a person convicted is subject to revocation of a driver's license or permit to drive.
What Is the Auto Theft Rate in Apple Valley, MN?
Your car insurance is based partly on the number of claims filed in your area and Apple Valley’s auto theft rate. This should be a very good incentive to carry the appropriate amount of car insurance on your vehicles.
The 2018 crime rate in Apple Valley, MN, was 138, which was two times smaller than the US average. In the last five years, Apple Valley has seen an increase in violent crime and a decrease in property crime.
- National auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.9
- Minnesota auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 180.5
- Apple Valley auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 62.4
Although the risk of your car being stolen is very low in Apple Valley, you should still remember, you can only be reimbursed for auto theft if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage.
Hopefully, if you are leasing or paying for your car, you already have comprehensive coverage. If not, speak with your independent insurance agent to learn how much it will cost to add this non-accident related coverage to your car insurance policy.
Apple Valley, MN, Independent Insurance Agents Are There When You Need Them
Independent insurance agents can be especially beneficial when looking for the best car insurance policy to meet your coverage needs. These car insurance specialists can explain your coverage options, answer insurance-related questions, and help you review offers from multiple insurance companies.
Contact a TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agent with an office near Apple Valley, MN, to start comparing personalized car insurance quotes in moments.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.