Kansas City, Missouri, is famous for meat and barbecue. Coined as the "Barbecue Capital," this town has a lot of flavors.
If you drive a car in the jazz-infused city, then you'll want insurance. A local independent insurance agent can find the coverage your vehicle needs. Connect with an agent on TrustedChoice today.
The Cost of Car Insurance in Kansas City, MO
Just like any other city, the cost of car insurance varies. The carriers will rate your coverage on specific individualized criteria. Take a look at some premium rating factors that car insurance companies use:
- Location - Rates are impacted by where you live.
- Claims history - Your reported claims follow you around like a credit score.
- Coverage selection - The coverage you select will affect how much your car insurance costs.
- Discounts - Most carriers have discounts that could apply to you.
- Crime rates - The less crime your town has, the better your insurance premiums will be.
- Credit score - Your credit score will impact your insurance score, which affects your premium.
Your Kansas City, MO independent agent, can go through your rating factors to run quotes. While your vehicle may be the same as someone else's, you are a different person. This makes your rates and coverage unique to you.
Car Insurance Requirements in Kansas City, MO
Every state pretty much has mandated auto insurance to use its streets. It's a good idea to know what is required for car insurance in Kansas City so that you can be prepared. Let's look at the facts:
- Minimum requirements in Kansas City, MO: $25,000 per person/ $50,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage
What Auto Liability Limits Mean:
- Bodily injury liability: Helps pay for the medical expense of another person due to an at-fault accident.
- Property damage liability: Pays for damage you cause to another person's property due to an at-fault accident.
Road fatalities and insufficient coverage are a terrible combination. If you are the cause of an accident, your car insurance policy needs to be accurate. Connect with a Kansas City independent agent to go over limits.
Why You Need Uninsured Motorists Coverage in Kansas City, MO
Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM is a state-mandated coverage in Missouri. If the other driver does not have enough insurance or no insurance at all, UM/UIM on your policy will cover your loss.
Percentage of Uninsured Drivers:
- National average: 13.0%
- Missouri average: 14.0%
The average number of uninsured drivers in Missouri is higher than the national figure. Part of these drivers is in your town. To protect yourself and your family, have your independent agent increase your UM/UIM limits to a satisfactory amount.
Kansas City, MO, Theft Rates
The number of thefts in a city will have an impact on your insurance. The higher the crime count, the more expensive your car insurance will be. It's essential to know the averages.
Average Theft Rates per 100,000:
- National average: 228.90
- Missouri average: 323.40
- Kansas City average: 269.80
If you want theft coverage on your auto policy, speak with your agent on comprehensive insurance. Comprehensive will provide replacement or repair coverage for any stolen or damaged items.
Other Auto Policy Coverages in Kansas City, MO
Optional coverage for your vehicles is available on your auto insurance. If you want coverage for each car and more, then discuss the following options with your independent agent:
- Comprehensive coverage: Will replace or repair your auto when unavoidable damage occurs.
- Collision coverage: Will replace or repair your vehicle when a collision with another car or property occurs.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining auto loan and your car's value.
- Rental coverage: Pays for a rental car if your covered auto is out of commission due to a loss.
- Tow coverage: Pays for a tow of a covered auto.
Discuss these coverages with your local agent to have a comprehensive auto policy.
What If You Drive for Amazon or Uber in Kansas City, MO?
If you have decided to make additional income transporting packages or people, there are some things you need to know. Your personal auto policy typically excludes services like these.
Every carrier is different, but the majority will not allow livery for hire services. If you're in an accident and the carrier finds out you drive for one of these companies, your coverage will be null and void.
A business auto policy will provide the protection your venture needs. Speak with your local agent to get a quote on coverage.
Connect With an Independent Agent in Kansas City, MO
With an independent insurance agent, you'll have access to multiple carriers for car coverage. They can compare pricing and policies, so you don't have to.
To get connected with a Kansas City independent agent, go to TrustedChoice. They have a find-an-agent tool that will match you with a trusted adviser today.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.