Fort Worth is the second-largest city in the vast Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. Local freeways are known for congestion, so if you live in this city, be sure you have the best car insurance available to protect your vehicle.
Working with a local independent insurance agent is the most convenient and efficient way to shop for car insurance. They are available to provide answers to your questions and offer you free car insurance quotes in Fort Worth from multiple companies.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Fort Worth, TX?
Car insurance in Texas is slightly higher than the national average. In Fort Worth, drivers can expect to pay slightly more than the state average as well.
- National average car insurance cost per year: $1,311
- Texas average car insurance cost per year: $1,449
- Fort Worth average car insurance cost per year: $1,533
Even though Fort Worth averages are higher than national rates, keep in mind that multiple factors go into determining auto insurance rates. These include:
- The make, model, and year of every vehicle you plan to insure
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Your driving record and credit score
- Other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of your deductible
- The amount of liability insurance you plan to purchase
- The coverage options you plan to include in your policy
You can also save money on your auto insurance by bundling it with your homeowners insurance or renters insurance and shopping available discounts. Your agent can help determine if you qualify for potential discounts such as being a safe driver or insuring a teen that gets good grades.
Is Car Insurance Required in Fort Worth, TX?
All Fort Worth residents need to purchase state minimum required liability in order to be legal drivers. In Texas the following minimum liability coverage is required:
- Bodily injury liability: $30,000 minimum per person and $60,000 minimum per accident
- This insurance pays for medical bills, auto repairs, and related costs for the other driver if you're in an at-fault accident. It will not pay for your injuries or damage to your vehicle.
- Property damage liability: $25,000 minimum for damage to property
- This insurance pays to repair or replace any property damage that you may cause in an at-fault accident. It will not pay for your own property, including your vehicle.
What Other Car Insurance Policies Are Available in Fort Worth, TX?
Congested freeways and city driving lead to increased auto accidents. Recently, Fort Worth has experienced more than 80 fatal accidents in just one year. While the minimum required liability coverage can protect you, if you're a frequent driver you may want to consider more comprehensive coverage.
Additional auto insurance policies available to Fort Worth drivers:
- Personal injury protection: Pays for medical bills that are associated with an accident, regardless of who was at fault. PIP will also cover medical bills if you're riding in someone else's vehicle.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Helps pay for medical costs and vehicle damage if you're in an accident caused by someone who doesn't have adequate coverage.
- Comprehensive coverage: This insurance pays for damage that occurs to your vehicle that is not related to a collision. If a tree falls on your car, comprehensive coverage pays for it. It also covers car theft.
- Collision coverage: Pays for any damage to your vehicle if you're in an accident with another driver and you're at fault.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: If you're in an accident and your vehicle is in the shop for an extended time, this insurance will pay the cost of a temporary rental vehicle.
- Roadside assistance and towing coverage: Pays to have your vehicle repaired or towed if you break down while on the road or if you're unable to get your vehicle to a shop.
Work with your independent insurance agent to determine which policies are best for you.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Fort Worth, TX?
There are stiff penalties for failure to carry the required insurance coverage. First offenders face fines of $175 to $350; subsequent offenders are subject to fines of $350 to $1,000, impoundment of their vehicle, and license suspension.
The rate of uninsured drivers in Texas is slightly higher than the national average, which is a good reason to consider purchasing uninsured motorist coverage.
- National uninsured motorists: 13%
- Texas uninsured motorists: 14.1%
Texas has been actively pursuing uninsured motorists. Some cities have even implemented additional penalties. In nearby Dallas, you can face penalties ranging from warning letters to vehicle impoundment if you don't have enough coverage.
Is Auto Theft Common in Fort Worth, TX?
Texas has the second-highest vehicle theft rate in the US with more than 93,500 thefts last year alone. In Fort Worth, auto thefts are higher than the state average which is slightly higher than the national average.
- National vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 2.28
- Texas vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 2.43
- Fort Worth vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 3.32
Some sensible measures may help you protect your investment from car thieves and vandals.
- Lock your doors and be sure to keep valuables out of sight.
- Pay attention to where you park when you leave your car unattended.
- Consider buying comprehensive auto insurance to compensate you for loss or damage from an auto thief, car burglar, or vandal.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What are the Best Car Insurance Companies in Fort Worth, TX?
Most insurance carriers will provide car insurance, but it's important to shop car insurance quotes in Fort Worth in order to find the most affordable rates. Every company will have its own algorithm for calculating premiums, and available discounts will vary depending on who you purchase from.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent is well versed in local car insurance companies. They will help you shop quotes and make sure you end up with the best car insurance company in Fort Worth.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent to Find Car Insurance In Fort Worth, TX?
Comparing auto policies and coverage options can be a daunting task for the average vehicle owner. A local independent insurance agent will speak with you, free of charge, before searching multiple carriers to find you coverage.
Agents are familiar with car insurance discounts and policies and can help you determine which coverages you need. They'll provide you with multiple quotes and aid you in choosing the best car insurance policy in Fort Worth.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.