Fort Worth in Tarrant County is the cultural gateway to the American West and the second largest city in the vast Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. IH-35W in Tarrant County was number one on the Texas Department of Transportation’s list of the 100 most congested freeways in the state. If you live in the city, be sure you have the right Fort Worth, TX car insurance to protect your vehicle.
Congestion and population growth are contributing factors for car accidents. Local independent agents of the Trusted Choice® network have offices right in town and understand Fort Worth car insurance needs. They are available to provide answers to your questions and offer you free Fort Worth auto insurance quotes from multiple companies. Contact a Trusted Choice member agent for competitive rates and personal service.
Texas Car Insurance Costs:
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Texas average cost per year: $1,449
- 17th most expensive premiums in the US
Texas insurance costs are considerably above the national average, but keep in mind that this is only an estimate of how much your policy will cost you. Your insurance rates will be calculated based on several factors unique to you, such as the make, model and year of your car and your age.
Texas Car Insurance Requirements:
- Bodily injury liability: required
- Property damage liability: required
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): not required
- Uninsured motorist: not required
- Minimum liability limits: 30/60/25
- Coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $30,000 for one individual, and $25,000 coverage for property damage
All Fort Worth residents need to purchase state minimum required liability in order to be legal drivers. There are stiff penalties for failure to carry the required insurance coverage. First offenders face fines of $175 to $350; subsequent offenders are subject to fines of $350 to $1,000, impoundment of their vehicle, and license suspension.
Not all drivers face high traffic density areas and accident risks each day. Some drivers may live and work in one of Dallas’ quiet suburbs. Others commute longer distances on local highways, where most accidents take place in the region. An independent agent can help you understand your unique automobile insurance needs and help you find the right policy for your entire family.
Texas Uninsured Motorists:
- National uninsured motorists: 12.6%
- Texas uninsured motorists: 13.3%
- Average vehicle repair cost in Texas: $2,434
Texas has been actively pursuing uninsured motorists. Some cities have even implemented additional penalties. In nearby Dallas, you can face penalties ranging from warning letters to vehicle impound if you don't have enough coverage. Despite a crackdown on uninsured drivers, the state still has a higher than average rate of uninsured vehicles on the road.
Uninsured motorist coverage isn't required by the state, but you may want to think about purchasing this coverage. This insurance can protect you from major financial losses from medical costs and vehicle damage if you're in an accident caused by someone who doesn't have adequate coverage. You can have more peace of mind on the road knowing you're protected from irresponsible drivers.
Car Thefts in Texas:
- National vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 2.94
- Texas vehicle thefts (per 1,000 registered vehicles): 3.28
The Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area ranks #66 on the National Insurance Crime Bureau’s list of US cities with the highest rates of vehicle theft. It's also in the top 10 in the state of Texas for vehicle theft.
Some sensible measures may help you protect your investment from car thieves and vandals.
- Lock your doors and be sure to keep valuables out of sight.
- Pay attention to where you park when you leave your car unattended.
- Consider buying comprehensive auto insurance to compensate you for loss or damage from an auto thief, car burglar, or vandal.
Compare Fort Worth Auto Insurance Quotes
Comparing auto policies and coverage options can be a daunting task for the average vehicle owner. A local agent in the Trusted Choice network can do most of the work for you. An agent will help you select the right policy options and compare multiple Fort Worth car insurance companies. Contact a Trusted Choice member agent right away to find better coverage at a better price.