Rates of burglaries among homeowners in Texas are higher than the average US rate. About 4.11 out of every 1,000 homeowners in Texas is expected to be the victim of burglary within the next year, compared to the national average of 3.76 out of every 1,000 homeowners. An adequate homeowners insurance policy is critical to help protect your home against burglaries, other property crimes, and many other threats.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent in Coppell can help you find the home insurance policy you need to reimburse you for losses due to several disasters. They'll help you get coverage long before you face a loss. But to start, here's a breakdown of home insurance in Coppell, TX.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance is a form of coverage designed to protect many elements of the home and the members inside it. Standard homeowners insurance comes with protection for the home's structure, your personal property, liability, and loss of use or additional living expenses. Home insurance can reimburse you for losses in these areas related to many threats like fire, hail, vandalism, and more.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover in Coppell, TX?
Home insurance packs a lot of critical protection into one policy. Coverage is designed to consider all aspects of the home, not just the exterior.
Homeowners insurance in Coppell, TX includes these core coverages:
- Contents coverage: Reimburses for losses related to the damage, destruction, or theft of your personal property like furniture, clothing, etc., by a listed peril.
- Additional living expenses: Reimburses for extra costs if you're forced to stay somewhere else while your home undergoes repairs for a covered peril.
- Liability coverage: Reimburses for legal fees if a third party sues you for bodily injury or personal property damage, even if you're not found liable in court.
- Dwelling coverage: Reimburses costs related to damage or destruction to the structure of your home from listed perils.
An independent insurance agent in Coppell, TX can help you find the right homeowners insurance policy that best considers all of your unique needs.
What's Not Covered by Homeowners Insurance in Coppell, TX?
No matter how strong your home insurance policy is, it still has a list of perils it can't cover. These include:
- Pest or insect infestation or damage
- Dishonesty or malicious acts by the homeowner
- Flood damage or earthquake damage
- Regular home maintenance
- Damage from war
Residents in Coppell, TX will likely want to add separate flood and earthquake insurance coverages to their home insurance to protect against damage caused by these natural disasters. Your independent insurance agent in Coppell can help you find these essential coverages.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Coppell, TX?
Rates of home insurance are notably higher in the state of Texas than across the US as a whole. Homeowners insurance currently averages $1,893 annually in Texas, compared to the US average of just $1,211. Texas's homeowners insurance rates actually rank third-highest in the entire country, but regardless, your independent insurance agent can still help you find affordable coverage in Coppell.
The Most Common Home Disasters in Coppell, TX
Your home insurance may be able to reimburse you for many types of losses, but it can't necessarily stop disasters from occurring. Residents in Coppell, TX deal with these specific disasters more often than others:
- Wildfires and residential fires
- Flooding and water damage
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Burglary and other property crimes
- Severe storms and lightning damage
While home insurance can cover many of these disasters, it's especially critical for Texas residents to get flood insurance since their state sees so many flooding events and storms that can cause this peril.
Cheap Homeowners Insurance Near Me
While the cheapest home insurance rates may be tempting, sometimes paying a bit more for your policy can end up saving you big time in the long run.
Here are the reasons to consider spending more on home insurance:
- Higher premiums can mean lower deductibles: Shelling out more for your monthly or annual premiums can mean your policy comes with a lower deductible amount, which will save you money out of your pocket if you have to file a claim.
- Higher premiums can mean higher coverage limits: A larger premium often can come along with a higher coverage limit in general, meaning you'll have a greater chance of receiving full reimbursement for a covered disaster if you do have to file a claim.
- Sometimes, you get what you pay for: Though not always the case, sometimes cheap coverage can indicate an insurance company that won't ultimately fulfill its promises to its customers, leaving them to cover losses themselves.
Don't just look at an insurance company's prices to determine their credibility, however. Read customer reviews online, or look up official ratings from organizations like the Better Business Bureau and AM Best. Also, your independent insurance agent in Coppell is familiar with which carriers near you have the best reputation for quality coverage and service.
What Are the Best Homeowners Insurance Companies in Coppell, TX?
Want to get ahead on your search for the right homeowners insurance? Check out our list of some of the top-rated home insurance companies in Coppell, TX below.
|Top Homeowners Insurance Companies in Coppell, TX
Why work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Coppell, TX? There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all homeowners insurance policy. With a wide variety of products and options at your disposal, you can put together a solid home insurance package that's custom-built for you and your family.
Independent insurance agents can help you choose the right policies and options to meet your specific coverage needs. Because they're independent, these agents can work with several of the best homeowners insurance companies in Texas to find you the right coverage at a great price.